Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is crazy! so glad you are ok! the old jeep gave you one last gift by staying together.

just saw this 81 scramber for 6500 on pirate. shes far away but just to get your replacment thoughts going...
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=972897&page=2
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

I don't know you but glad to hear your are okay, that Jeep sure did take a beating and yes you surely could have died. Way to stay calm and position yourself for the best outcome. That's a wheeler right their thinking his way through a roll over. Props!

Comment

GLAD YOU ARE OK! Wow that is crazy...

Comment

I was looking at the photos and it doesn't appear that the roll bar was not damaged or bent. I wonder why the windshield frame is crushed, but the driver's door is not.

The limo has the narrow axles, I wonder if it would have rolled if it had the wide track axles?
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok. Jeeps can be replaced.

Comment

Wow! That is a mess. You were sure lucky to have walked away from that catastrophe. I'll bet the people witmessing you climbing from the wreckage were amazed that you were able to do so.

8 lives left
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I'm glad to hear you were OK and able to type this and live.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                  May I ask how old those BFG A/T were?
                  Glad your OK!
                  Respectfully,
                  LG
                  LG,

I'm sure it was past it's useful life. The tire did delaminate and I'm sure it was because it was too old. I had a couple of old tires left and was about to do a big upgrade and the tires would have been a part of that.
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    I was looking at the photos and it doesn't appear that the roll bar was not damaged or bent. I wonder why the windshield frame is crushed, but the driver's door is not.

The limo has the narrow axles, I wonder if it would have rolled if it had the wide track axles?
                    Roger,

I think it would have happened anyway, since what put me into the roll was getting t-boned by a pickup truck.

Christian
                    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Wow Christian! I am glad that you are still with us. Good reactions on putting yourself under the rollbar on impacts. Darwin's theory in action, the smart ones Live!
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Christian, glad to see you are ok.
                        Check out .

Comment

Wow! Glad your Okay Christian! Being in that kind of a situation and being able to walk away from it is a true blessing! ......Echoing the others, "your Jeep can be replaced........ You cant!"

Scott and Lesa
                          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Holy Toledo!!

So glad to hear youre okay, my condolences on your Jeep.

I think we can safely say that this was a miracle.

Wow.

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Glad to see you're okay and that so many people stopped to help you out. Since folks are volunteering parts I've got D30 and D35 axles I'd be happy to donate. Just as many have already said, the great thing is that God kept you here a bit longer, there is now OEM supplier for people.
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Christain, My God what a day that must have been for you Thank God you are semi ok..Think of how much worse it could of been The angels where riding shot gun that day my friend no question about it..
                                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                                X