Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Sedona Jeep Run in September

I've been working steadily at trying to put together some basics for a trip to Sedona.

If you've never been to Sedona, it is both magical and beautiful. The classic red rocks of Sedona were used for many years in filming countless western movies, and Indian history abounds with Cliffside dwellings and petrogyphs. Great dining and shopping opportunities abound, with many great art galleries that call Sedona home, including one of my favorites, Exposures Gallery, which features an amazing collection of big scale works. Other attractions include the town of Jerome, a ghost town from the mining days at the turn of the last century, and the Grand Canyon is only 2 hours away.

Most of the jeep runs in Sedona seem to be easy to intermediate in difficulty and over the top in scenic beauty. I had the opportunity to meet Nena Barlow at the Big Bear Jeep Jamboree this month. She is not only the owner of Barlow Jeep Rentals in Sedona, but is also an avid offroader. She has offered to help us with planning some runs while were there.

I've been looking for lodging to use as a base of operations, and I believe I've found the perfect location. The Briar Patch Inn is on Oak Creek, and is a collection of 19 cabins. They provide breakfast every morning either in the common area or in the cabin/house. I have already reserved a 4 bedroom house (it's full already), and we're holding 5 other cabins for people to reserve. Check out their website at www.briarpatchinn.com/ and contact them directly for reservations.

The date we have planned for the trip would leave Redlands Jeep on Thursday Sept 22 and drive back on Monday the 26th. This should be a great trip, let me know if you are interested in going. Please also contact me if you have comments or questions at 909-793-2141 or email me at lcampbell@redlandsautoplaza.com

Loren Campbell
    VP/GM
    Redlands Jeep
    www.RedlandsJeep4x4.com
    Last edited by loren; 06-08-11, 08:31 PM. Reason: Tried to add date in title, but couldnt
    Loren Campbell
    IE4W Past President

If anyone else is interested in this trip, please contact me at loren@lorencampbell.com. Were doing run planning and want to find out what everyone wants to do.
    Loren Campbell
    IE4W Past President

Comment

I could be open to this. I ran Sedona in May with Roger and the fall should be nice up there. If nothing else I may make a day trip up to see Jerome.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Chris, That would be great, we'd love to have locals join us. If you'd like to be added to our email list, send your email to lcampbell@redlandsautoplaza.com and I'll keep you updated.

Loren
        Loren Campbell
        IE4W Past President

Comment

Hi Lauren,

I want to go for sure... the only problem is that my gf has a wedding in Denver that weekend Any way to move the trip up or back one week so we can join??

Thanks,
          Brett

Comment

Brett, we already have hotels, campsites and vacations arranged, so I'm afraid there's not a way to move the dates of the trip; everything else is still flexible, but not the dates.

Sorry

Loren
            Loren Campbell
            IE4W Past President

Comment

Brett, Anytime you want to run Sedona let me know... I'm only about 2 hours from there and happy to go anytime. That goes for any MJR member.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                Brett, Anytime you want to run Sedona let me know... I'm only about 2 hours from there and happy to go anytime. That goes for any MJR member.
                If there's interest sometime for a weekend trip, I would like to go. I've been to sedona several times, but before I was into offroading. Would love to go again! I visit Phoenix every now and then to see friends (I used to live there for 3 years).
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                X