Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Jeep towing Landcruiser in ;

To Johnson Valley. Ha Ha had you guys going there. Anyhow, Scott and I went out to Johnson valley to run Sledge, and Jackhammer. It was a beautiful day, and there was only about 10 campers out there, all riding bikes. We had the trails all to ourselves, so we were being extra careful to avoid breakage, or blown tires. Scott coming up the trail;

We came to one ledge where it was easy to get the front up but the rear didn't want to follow. So instead of taking the chance of breaking anything, out came the winch; VIDEO

And this is what we had to look forward to ;

We got toward the top of the trail where we had to make a tight turn around a rock, and had a little fun; VIDEO

Scott coming up out of Sledge;

And at the mailbox ;

We turned around and ran Jackhammer, which has changed quite a bit since we'd last been out there. Those 42 inch tires really dig some deep holes. Once we came down Jack, we headed over to play in the sand. A really good day in the desert.

The end;

Sledge and Jack have gotten a lot more challenging haven't they?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Sledge and Jack have gotten a lot more challenging haven't they?
      Oh yeah, its been awhile, back when 35's were big tires. We just had to take our time so we didn't have any breakage, as there was no one else out there that could give us a hand. Good day.

Comment

i had a great day bouncing off rocks with my dad

Comment

Kevin and Scott,

Nice to see the father and son thing is still going on! Looks like a fun day.

Mitch

Comment

Some good triling driving. No breakage on the Hammers. It was a good day.
            2004 TJ X
            Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

When ever you want to see father and son go to Walmart they are the friendly father and son greeter team.
              All kidding aside Kevin and Scott it's good to see you two together on the trail, the little Jeep will have to start growing up though if you keep playing in Johnson valley.

Comment

Originally posted by ironbelle View Post
                Some good triling driving. No breakage on the Hammers. It was a good day.
                We saw Roger coming in, and he was smiling. So at least we know he has it in him. LOL That's why you see the Cruiser on the trailer, anytime we go to do the Hammers, you have to anticipate breakage. Got to go, bye. Kevin.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't join you, looks like you both had afun time.

Comment

So I'm going west on Bear Valley Rd and I see an old Land Crusier on a trailer being towed by a Grand Cherokee followed by a Wrangler. Hey wait a minute! I know that guy! Yep it was Kevin and his son! Good to talk to you for 10 seconds at the light Kevin!
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey art my little jeep did good on sledge. But jack. Way over my jeeps ability.35 inch tires and 4inch lift ain't gina cut the mustard no more

Comment

That is where I was getting at lol, not only that it kinda gets hurt full to beat your Jeep that bad, it;s fun but, driving it to work the next day gets harder and harder when you keep going to the Hammers with it

Comment

Im lucky. I have other cars to drive and work is twenty mins away. But. It still hurts and the body shows it ....lolbreaking means time to upgrade.

Comment

Looks like fun guys!
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                            X