Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics. We were there yesterday (Sunday) and I must say...1) the rock gods were testing us non-stop, 2) I see from the pictures here, a few obstacles that we missed.

Carnage list:
    Broken Passenger Side front door window on Cherokee
    Broken Passenger side rear window on cherokee
    Broken CV Joint on driver side front axle on Grand Cherokee
    Broken Front locker on grand cherokee
    Fan stopped working on grand cherokee so the cherokee overheated
    Passenger side door smashed in and window won't roll up on silver TJ
    Front driver side ujoint broke on cherokee (we replaced it with a spare drive-shaft ujoint)

Interesting day. Going back to Cakewalk in a few weeks to give it a piece of my mind lol.

Thanks for sharing and I don't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to get that all off my chest.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

How so you break all that stuff on one of Mike's bunny trails? It's supposed to be crawling, not rock bashing lol

Comment

It's just one of those days when everything just seems to go wrong.
        The Grand cherokee just installed 35" tires and it has a lunchbox in the front which is asking for disaster. We knew it would break sooner or later but we didn't know it would happen on the first obstacle. Also the CV Joint front axle shafts were also a disaster waiting to happen with the 35's. He snapped it just be driving reverse, no obstacle, no strain. The Cherokee snapped his ujoint by reversing as well. He was reversing on this part:

No force, just placed the transmission in reverse and POP!

All the other stuff: the rock gods were pissed.

Comment

I guess more wrenching and try again, does the XJ have TJ shafts in it yet with the larger U joints? Something like that ought to jump in the Grand also

Comment

The XJ has the stock shafts. It was unbelievable how it snapped. He reversed down, touched the ground gently, rolled backwards and POP! I still cant believe it but oh well, it was ok.
            The Grand Cherokee is getting an axle shaft conversion. Throwing in the Ujoints and an Eaton Locker up front.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              How so you break all that stuff on one of Mike's bunny trails? It's supposed to be crawling, not rock bashing lol
              [COLOR="blue"]I was thinking the same thing Art. We haven't smashed up that many vehicles before.
              Maybe it was the spotter LOL.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                [COLOR="blue"]I was thinking the same thing Art. We haven't smashed up that many vehicles before.
                Maybe it was the spotter LOL.[/COLOR]
                The smashed windows were caused by a power steering failure. Unable to turn, the windows went bye bye. One thing after another, it just kept coming.

Comment

Mike and Art the trails out there are getting a lot harder. I can't believe how many people must be running the trails now. Every time I go out now we have breakage. Saturday we had three jeeps break. The only bad one was the broken radiator. People are taking new side trails that are just as hard as the hammers. So all you big dogs come out on the next run,I got some stuff I like to see you do LOL.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

thanks for the pics, maybe next time ill roll with you guys just got reg, with MJR let me know next outing, good to see you Judge

Comment

Shoot Shant I putted through, clawhammer, turkeyclaw, sunbonnet and outerlimits with no powersteering, was hard work and a ton of maneuvering and sore arm, but it didn't hold me back. Then again you know stuff happens, we all have had days. Freddy, me and Jonah putted through a bunch of the Cougar Buttes trails about a month and a half ago and it was just plain fun. Since you got us going though, you are obliged to post pics or video of the demolition derby

Comment

Shoot Shant I putted through, clawhammer, turkeyclaw, sunbonnet and outerlimits with no powersteering, was hard work and a ton of maneuvering and sore arm, but it didn't hold me back. Then again you know stuff happens, we all have had days. Freddy, me and Jonah putted through a bunch of the Cougar Buttes trails about a month and a half ago and it was just plain fun. Since you got us going though, you are obliged to post pics or video of the demolition derby
                        Video is being worked on. Coming to a box office near you...in a few days. And by the way, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE WINDOWS ON YOUR BEAST LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                          Video is being worked on. Coming to a box office near you...in a few days. And by the way, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE WINDOWS ON YOUR BEAST LOL
                          Anything it doesn't need to crawl over rocks is pretty much gone out of it, still have to pull the heater box out, other than that anything it doesn't absolutely need has been removed. Trying to keep the little girl on a diet. So looking forward to the video, you and Chuck make some pretty epic videos

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Sounds like I'll need to finish the Buggy trail in the CB's I started awhile back, since we have a couple of "Tuff Guys" to run it. Knyuk, knyuk. Looks like I'll already have to add a couple of optional lines for Art. I'll show you a Bunny trail...LOL[/COLOR]

Comment

Great pics. We were there yesterday (Sunday) and I must say...1) the rock gods were testing us non-stop, 2) I see from the pictures here, a few obstacles that we missed.

Carnage list:
                              Front driver side ujoint broke on cherokee (we replaced it with a spare drive-shaft ujoint)

Interesting day. Going back to Cakewalk in a few weeks to give it a piece of my mind lol.

Thanks for sharing and I don't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to get that all off my chest.
                              Well let us know when you are going so we can all share your pain. Kevin.

Comment

Carnage list:

I have some spare rear glass for the xj, but I think it might be for the drivers side, if you need it let me know and I will check to see which side, it will be free since I replaced mine with lexan. I would also be down for another run to the buttes.

Comment

Working...
                                X