Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Johnson Valley

Scott and I , Kevin, went out to Johnson Valley for a little father and son time together.
    We unloaded the Cruiser, and headed off to Clawhammer.

Waitnig for Scott after the first obstacle;

Scott having fun;

Scott looking at his Jeep, like, WTF?

Scott finally making it over;

The license plate says it all;

At one point half way up, I got to use my winch, but pictures were not allowed.

We stopped and had a meal break;

We then headed over to Fry mountain, where we saw a female Chuckar with her brew of little ones. There must of been about 20 of the little guys. Sorry but the pictures didn't turn out. These little fellas weren't but maybe 3 inches tall. Picture of Means dry lake from Fry mountain;

We headed ove toward upper sledge, and down;

Scott coming down upper sledge;

And getting stuck again;

We went down to the sand hills and played around for awhile. Art tells me that you don't need a V-8, but I disagree with him; VEDIO

All in all a wonderful day spent with my son. Thanks Scott.

Kevin great report,pictures and video. Looks like you guys had a great day.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

i had a blast today dad,cant wait to go again and show those rocks whos boss

Comment

I'm not convinced regarding your License plate frame Kevin! Glad you both had a great time!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Wasn't it some old feller in a beat up ole Toyoter that was slowing us down and went home after Clawhammer last week?
          Looks like you and Scott had a blast

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Wasn't it some old feller in a beat up ole Toyoter that was slowing us down and went home after Clawhammer last week?
            Looks like you and Scott had a blast
            As you can see, I took some weight off the ole girl. Made a big difference. As to leaving after Clawhammer last week, I basicaly came out to visit, and if you remember I said I only had less than half a tank of gas. Wasn't planning on running any trails, and made it back to Lucenrne Valero with about 1.5 gallons in the tank. Plus being up since midnight was wearing me thin. Went to to Riverside to Jimmyrigs shop so he could experiment with some quarter panel he design for Cruisers. So I took everything off. Been meaning to do it, cause the ole girl will be going into the garage for some needed TLC. Only plate holder that I had, that the kids had made up many years ago at the LA fair, after we were in Big Bear and got stuck on Holchom behind a bunch of Jeeps. Don't take it personal guys, it all in the name of fun. Besides it hard not to get stuck behind a Jeep when your out numbered probaly 100,000 to 1. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              I'm not convinced regarding your License plate frame Kevin! Glad you both had a great time!
              No, really Roger, the plate holder actually exits. Going to be changing jobs here in a couple of weeks, and my days off will no doubt be during the week. Will be looking for some one to go out with when I get done working on the ole girl.
              It was funny years ago we stopped at K-mart in Hesperia, with the plate holder on, and when we walked back out there was a XJ parked next to the Cruiser, with the little guy peeing on Toyota sticker. Its all in the name of fun. Oh when are we going to see a picture of you smiling in your new Jeep? Maybe you should of gotten an ole Cruiser like mine. It always puts a smile on my face. LOL, hugs and kisses, Kevin.

Comment

Kevin!

Of Course it's all fun! We gotta rib each other to keep entertained...

As for me not smiling, I have to concentrate 100% on driving the holcomb trail! It's a real challenge for me. But I promise I'm smiling on the inside! Mitch did an outstanding build on the Jeep. I think it has the most flex possible with leaf springs. Check out the photos Curtis Posted, they are incredible!

Can you say what company you may be driving for?

There's quite a few guys we can put together for mid-week runs.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Kevin!

Of Course it's all fun! We gotta rib each other to keep entertained...

As for me not smiling, I have to concentrate 100% on driving the holcomb trail! It's a real challenge for me. But I promise I'm smiling on the inside! Mitch did an outstanding build on the Jeep. I think it has the most flex possible with leaf springs. Check out the photos Curtis Posted, they are incredible!

Can you say what company you may be driving for?

There's quite a few guys we can put together for mid-week runs.
                  Cool, going to be going to work with Scott and Chris at Wal-mart starting on the 9th. Setting up a third member for a locker, and replace all the seals while I am at it in the front axle. Also going to replace the radiator with a cross flow. The old girl has always ran hot during the summer, and its time to do something about it. Trouble is, the radiator has been marginal for years, but by the time I get fed up with it, the cooler weather returns. No doubt my days off will be during the week so as much as I hate shutting her down, its time. Its just that I enjoy driving her to much.

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Kevin just had to tease ya back, git er done, so we can have some more fun.
                      I can always swap days as long as I know a week in advance

Comment

Kevin just had to tease ya back, git er done, so we can have some more fun.
                        I can always swap days as long as I know a week in advance
                        Cool Art, got the diff sitting on the work bench, set up and locker installed. Got about 2 more weeekends to spend with my family, then I'll be tearing the old girl down. New Radiator and seals, bearings, locker, springs, and a case full of black spray can paint. Want to get a good cooling system in, to get things ready for that 5.3. Kevin

Comment

Kev where ya gonna find time? Seems to me you would be plenty busy as a walmart greeter, ya gotta smile for that ya know, no way you are allowed to be your grumpy self lol

Comment

Kev where ya gonna find time? Seems to me you would be plenty busy as a walmart greeter, ya gotta smile for that ya know, no way you are allowed to be your grumpy self lol
                            Have you ever seen Jeff Dunham and Walter? I'm like Walter, welcome to Wal-mart, now get your crap and get out!

Comment

Nice post! Looks like a blast and the Cruiser is looking ROCKIN'!
                              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X