Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cedar Springs Dam to Devils Hole

Lesa, Michelle, Lindsay and I met up with Roger and Leanne, Dan and Dianne and their two girls and John and Leslie for a ride up to Devils Hole. We took the 4 door out this time because I can't get 4 people in the 'ol YJ. Unfortunately for us the State of California has decided that it's too unsafe for us to drive the dirt portion of Hwy 173 and with their blockade in place, we had to take the long way around (via Pilot Rock Truck Trail) thus adding about and hour and a half to our ride. It was fun.... We started at Cedar Springs Dam and headed up from there. We got to see a lot of Silverwood Lake and we stopped along the way to play in some of the bypasses and the small crawler area up near Pilot Rock. We then headed towards Devils Hole. The Forest Service Volunteer Program Crew was out at the Pinnacles Staging area and we saw Fishpoet and is group along the 3N34 trail going to "the Hole". When we arrived at Devils Hole, there wasn't a sole around and we had a nice little picnic by the water.

The girls were hoggin the camera in the back seat (Self portraits for facebook or something like that.... but Lesa managed to get the camera away from them long enough to snap this one picture of us in the small black diamond section, dropping down into Devils Hole.

I was very impressed with how well the JK did on her "Maiden Voyage" since the 4" RCX lift and 35's went on. I was gettin some real good flex out of it. It still rubs in a few spots on the fenders and that massive front bumper!! So, the next install will be the Bestop Stubby front bumper that's sittin in the garage that I got from Josh (Snydercj7) and I'll have to figure out how to remedy the fender rub.

Lindsey had made a bet with Lesa that she would jump in the water and I couldn't find the camera fast enough to get the picture..... but she did it!!! I think she was frozen after wards but, at 59 degrees outside temp and the water temp in the mid 30's to low 40's, she made the "MJR Polar Bear Club!"

All in all it was a fun day, we headed back down to the desert through Lake Arrowhead and Crestline. The one mishap of the day was on the ride through Arrowhead, Roger was following me and I looked back and noticed that his passenger front tire was almost flat. We pulled off the road and found that the valve stem had not seated when he aired up and was slowly leaking. We fixed that and he aired back up and we were on our way.

Thanks to all that came along, it sure made for a great day! ....... and sorry for the lack of pictures!!!

Scott
    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 04-25-11, 08:23 AM.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Scott - LeAnne & I had the best time with you guys! Thanks for putting this together.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

We're glad you guy's could make it Roger! We had a great time too!

Scott

Comment

Scott,

Nice picture of Lesa's Jeep in action! Sounds like you all had a fun day. I was waiting for a report......That other guy that used to go out with you guys would have spent Saturday night posting pictures

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Scott,

......That other guy that used to go out with you guys would have spent Saturday night posting pictures

Mitch
          That "other guy" is a much better person for sure! We brought a camera but never even removed it from it's case. We missed out on some great photo ops.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

I put the GenRight aluminum fenders on my JK. I am running 35s (with 1 1/2 inch Spidertrax wheel spacers on stock wheels) and only use the 1 3/4 Daystar spring spacers. They don't hit at all in the front and only a bit in the rear at full stuff. I also have the GenRight sliders. On the Pirate JK forum someone was asking about the fender strength, so I made this little video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nsu9slplx8
            Rich

Comment

Looks like a good time Scott.
              Lesa's Jeep is lookin good too!
              Hope you don't have to hack away @ your JK to get that Stubby on like I did. LOL

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                I put the GenRight aluminum fenders on my JK. I am running 35s (with 1 1/2 inch Spidertrax wheel spacers on stock wheels) and only use the 1 3/4 Daystar spring spacers. They don't hit at all in the front and only a bit in the rear at full stuff. I also have the GenRight sliders. On the Pirate JK forum someone was asking about the fender strength, so I made this little video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nsu9slplx8
                Wow!! Those fenders are sweet!! How much did they set you back? ........if you don't mind me asking.

Scott

Comment

You would need to call GenRight.
                  Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X