Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Lake Arrowhead Trails 4/23/11

I led a patrol from the North Shore Volunteer Center on Saturday 4/23/11.

3W65

3N34

We saw Roger and his group on the way down to Devil's Hole

It was another fantastic day in the forest.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
    I led a patrol from the North Shore Volunteer Center on Saturday 4/23/11.

It was another fantastic day in the forest.
    I would like to go here. More info please?
    Did I break it?

Comment

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php/19631

Devil's Hole is at the end of 3N34D

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Doug,

Looks like a nice change for you

Comment

Help me remember, is Devil's Hole the one you get to from Deep Creek Road that has a 4 wheel drive required sign at the top of a road that drops at about 80 degrees until you go left and then it goes to about 88 degrees as you go down to the world's deepest dead end? The reason I ask is that years back, we wanted to go on a hike with a guaranteed year-round water source. The book we used said that the stream flowed full all year long. Long story short, a 2wd Ranger meant we had to hike down. As soon as we got there the temperature skyrocketed. The only water to be found was our sweat. It was a depressing excuse for a muddy spot in a streambed. We had to hike back out going from one shady spot to the next. Once I get matching gears in the front I'd like to re-visit this place to see if I just got there on a blackout date for the water.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
            Help me remember, is Devil's Hole the one you get to from Deep Creek Road that has a 4 wheel drive required sign at the top of a road that drops at about 80 degrees until you go left and then it goes to about 88 degrees as you go down to the world's deepest dead end? The reason I ask is that years back, we wanted to go on a hike with a guaranteed year-round water source. The book we used said that the stream flowed full all year long. Long story short, a 2wd Ranger meant we had to hike down. As soon as we got there the temperature skyrocketed. The only water to be found was our sweat. It was a depressing excuse for a muddy spot in a streambed. We had to hike back out going from one shady spot to the next. Once I get matching gears in the front I'd like to re-visit this place to see if I just got there on a blackout date for the water.
            It sounds like you are describing the right place. I have been recreating at Deep Creek since 1973 and I have never seen or heard of it going dry?

Comment

Working...
            X