Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Mines #99 and #100!

I went out to the Baker area to hunt down a couple more mines with Mike (Deepwater) today. Wonderful weather that topped 80' at one point made for a fun exploring trip. Mike and I were out for hours and never saw anyone on the trails. Amazing for such a beautiful area and especially on a holiday weekend. I learned a lot from Mike's knowledge of local geology and traded him back with info that I had read on the area history. Most awesome! Thank you Mike for taking me on the trip that I grabbed mines #99 and #100.

Mitch

#99 Well over 1300' of adit!

Manganese Dendrites

#100 (yes I climbed in the small opening also)

Halloran Springs area

Last edited by Mitch; 04-24-11, 11:21 AM.

Hot darn Mitch, for a Jeepless guy you get around pretty good, nice pics and report.
    So what are the next ten mines you are going to visit? Or are you coming over to paint my front axle?

Comment

Art I will have a couple more added to my list this week! And when you get done fussing with the steering, I'll come over we can get your axle all painted up nice and clean.

Comment

Will keep you to that, have fun exploring bud

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Nice couple of mine you guys found. The deserts are full of these. I just need to count the gas cost on going out again. There are still several in that area that are on my list. When I get my Hybrid maybe I'll check them out.lol[/COLOR]

Comment

These pictures are amazing.. I would love to join you next time you go out... I just hope to have my Jeep back and running by mid May

Comment

Thanks for sharing Mitch! Hope you have mines to keep you busy when you move.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

It was great having Mitch ride along and not having to compare notes over the CB!
                Mitch is a wealth of information, he pointed out things in plain sight that I have passed a hundred times without noticing. After his 100th mine we took the Halloran Springs turnoff East of Baker to look around the Turquoise Mountain area to try to find the Indian Turquoise Mine using the Bill Mann volume 2 book. We got so engrossed exploring the Wander mine out there that we ran out of time and decided to save it for another trip. So much too see, so little time!

There are still treasures to find in the desert. My first piece of sun colored desert glass:

Mitch shooting Mike shooting Mitch:

And the rarest of rare, Mitch actually crawling into a mine, his 100th!!

I really enjoyed the day Mitch.

Mike
                "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Looks Awesome! Would love to tag along sometimme, too bad Mitch is leaving.

Comment

I am Jeepless but will still be around thru June at this point!

Comment

Looks like an awesome day exploring. I have spent a lot of time in Death Valley but have never explored the surounding areas. Looks like I need to get out there.

Mitch, CONGRATS on getting the the 100 mines!!!!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X