Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Box Canyon

So yesterday I'd planned to run Sunflower Mine with some folks on virtualjeepclub.com, but thanks to letting the Jeep sit for a few days I learned my battery was shot... So! I was unable to make the 730 meeting time. Off to the store I go to get a new battery, with it installed and ready to go I figured I needed to go somewhere since I put the back seat back in for my sister (in visiting from LA), so that she could get out and enjoy the Jeep and nice weather... Box Canyon came to mind as I know it has gorgeous views and a few obstacles to make it a little more fun for me. Off we went, getting to the south end of the trail about 3.

The first spot we came to on the trail (running from South to North) was this lovely rock, seemed like a good place to set the mood.

Some of the views are just amazing on this run.

We found this cabin towards the end of the run and thought it was really nice.

I also shot a couple videos while playing with my new phone. They both start a little rough and the second one may be painful to watch if you're a locked and loaded sort of Jeep. Open diffs proved to make the waterfall an interesting challenge; one I can't wait to do again.

We had a great time, and even got to help out a gentleman who had high centered his stock height, 4x4, longbed supercab truck on a small waterfall. I didn't take any pictures of it but I wanted to note it just as a reminder for all of us to be prepared. He didn't have any sort of supplies with him, no tow strap, and no jacks. He had been sitting there for an hour or so when we came upon him. It's spring still, so it was only in the 90s but in a couple months this Arizona sun will bake anyone not prepared. We were able to get my strap out and pull him off his high center with no problem. I didn't make him sign my strap; I should have as right now it only has my name on it....

http://youtu.be/tDNrfXdxmyE <-- Can't seem to get video to embed from YouTube; one below is from Photobucket

USMC F&AM

Chris,

What a nice area. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Mitch

Comment

If that is the Box Canyon in the Florence Junction area, that is a great trail. I'm glad that you had fun. There are some crazy trails in that region. I hope to make it out there again soon!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

That it is. We had a blast and cannot wait to het out that way again.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
        X