Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cleghorn today/ Neil's run

Met up this morning with Neil, some folk I don't know also Fred, Chuck, Curtis, Kevin and his buddy Carlos (he has to be nuts to ride with ya Kevin).
    First we ran into some folks with Toyotas plugging the trail. once we got around them things went pretty smoot till about tje half way point. There my powersteering started to have fits so I decided that is as far as I was going to go, Some of us took a break up there and kicked back for a while, one of the Jeeps that continued on blew the top of the radiator off, not so good I hope you guys found a way to get it of the trail.
    I putted back slowly to the trail head making sure the steering didn't lockup.
    Got it back on the trailer and back home without any further troubles. Wil figure out tonight what the heck is going on with it.
    Anyway here are some pics

Even though it was kinda short for me, I had a nice time stretching the Jeep's legs and sniffing some mountain air
    Last edited by aw12345; 04-18-11, 04:04 AM.

Yes it was a good shakedown for my Jeep,and a fun run. I need to chase some noise and add a PS cooler and I should be good. As for Mario's Jeep I have to change the radiator and teach him to back off the throttle when it hits 4500 rpm. I have some videos I will post in a while. Here is a video of Mario blowing the top off of his radiator. Thank you Dan and Jackie for towing Mario out to Silverwood for tow truck extraction.
    Last edited by neilbyrd; 04-16-11, 08:25 PM.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

I cant seem to get photobucket to upload my other videos ( maybe the files are to big ) so as soon as I am able I will post the other videos.

Comment

Rock bashing doesn't work all that well does it lol. Your friend needs to get in to crawling, it isn't king of the hammers lol

Comment

He never has learned finesse. I always tell him easy.

Comment

Radiators and a tow home does teach a lesson doesn't it?

Comment

Well I had fun today. Spent some quality time with my boy, and met a few of you guys, Neil, thanks for putting it on. Mario, I hope you get your rig back up soon. You are a !!!!ing mad man....lol. Can we say !!!!ing on this board?

Here are a couple of pics today...(lets see if I can do it right)

Ouch.....

Bad ass...

Nice view

Did I break it?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Radiators and a tow home does teach a lesson doesn't it?
                Actually no it doesn't teach him a lesson he drive the same way on the Rubicon. I don't think he will ever change. He was actually happy he said he always wanted a aluminum radiator now he has a reason to get one.
                Last edited by neilbyrd; 04-17-11, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilbyrd View Post
                  Actually no it doesn't teach him a lesson he drive the same way on the Rubicon. I don't think he will ever change. He was actually happy he said he always wanted a aluminum radiator now he has a reason to get one.
                  I like your rig, sorry didn't get a chance to check it out closer. It was a quick moving group, Kevin, Landcruiser.

Comment

Yea if he keeps driving like that , he will get to buy a lot of new stuff.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

What type of beadlock wheels are these? I'm in the market and I likey.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                        What type of beadlock wheels are these? I'm in the market and I likey.
                        I made them. If you want some, find steel rims you like order the rings from Ruff Stuff and I will weld them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          Yea if he keeps driving like that , he will get to buy a lot of new stuff.
                          I think that is why he drives that way. I can't believe he never broke his old 30/35.

Comment

Originally posted by neilbyrd View Post
                            I think that is why he drives that way. I can't believe he never broke his old 30/35.
                            He will, just take him to trails that actually have some rocks on them.

Here is why I turned around yesterday, seems like I made the right choice

On the bright side the housing is reusable, just got to find a old steering box where I can rob some parts out off.
                            Last edited by aw12345; 04-18-11, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Somebody on here should have an old box. You need one fast so you can get out to the hammers.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X