Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Driving Roger's next Jeep!

Well I picked up Roger today and took him out for a run around the Cactus Flats area. Roger is lonely now since he sold his Jeep 2 days ago so we spent about 5 hours checking trails. We hit 2N67 off of Hwy 18 to look for a route to a mine I wanted to visit. We drove along this cool little trail for a bit and turned around not wanting to get too far on this remote trail. There are a couple of tippy spots due to wash outs. We were disappointed to see more SBNF sponsered blocked trails along the way, including one to an area guzzler.

WHY?

Next we went up 3N03 Cactus Flats/Smarts Ranch trail. I showed Roger a local mine that has been blocked and plugged via rocks and expanding foam. Too bad, probably was neat to see once upon a time.

Next we went to check out a side trail I had noticed last Tueday. A nice, well established dirt road that went back 1/2 mile and then was blocked with the Obama American Recovery Act rocks. Past the rocks the trail went to a nice loop and parking area to an established hiking trail head. Beautiful area.

Then as we headed back to Hwy 18 we went thru the Cactus Flats Staging Area to see what was there. We found a nice Blue Square trail that led up to Hwy 18 upabove that neither of us had been on before. I asked for Roger to spot me on two spots the were really off camber due to washout ruts. Roger saw a line I didn't and we were back cruising up to Hwy 18.

A great day on the trail. Cool weather with great clouds blowing thru.

Thank you Roger! Wonderful company today.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 04-09-11, 08:13 PM.

A couple other pictures today

Comment

I don't think Roger is all that happy about getting his new
      Jeep. You never see him smiling, grumpy old fart,LOL, Kevin.

Comment

Just exactly where do "Obama American Recovery Act rocks" come from Mitch?
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
          I don't think Roger is all that happy about getting his new
          Jeep. You never see him smiling, grumpy old fart,LOL, Kevin.
          No kiddin Kevin. What a grump! You would think that taking the reins of the Great 88 would at least illicit a smirk!
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Whada ya talking about that is his best grumpy old fart smile

Comment

Too funny guys. Roger was so happy all day, until I pointed the camera at him! That will change in 10 days. The great88 expects to be out on the trails 2 or 3 days a week.

Kurt, more imported stuff. They sure don't match or blend in. Maybe Walmart?

Comment

Grumpy old fart?!?!?!? ME?!?!? Hey it's serious business driving a Jeep I don't own yet! You guys are too funny! Inside I kept thinking: " I'm gettin' an upgrade - OH YEAH!!"

Great day Mitch, good to hang out with you and the great88
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Cool deal for ya Roger , are you gonna re-name the Great 88?? Or just stick with Mitch the Desert Legend??
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Non-Po' Boy88?
                    John & Kristi

Comment

I like it John! I think Roger's new Jeep is well past the Po' Boy stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X