Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Dishpan Springs

We're going to be doing a run on the Dispan Springs trail in Big Bear. This was posted in the report section, so I moved it here.

I was thinking of running it from Lake Arrowhead to the gate and then backtrack to Arrowhead again. This should give a full day of 4 wheelin.

Minimum requirements
    33" tires and at least one locker.

Meet @ Hwy 173 & Hook Creek Rd in Cedar GLen.
    9:00 am next Sat. April 9th.
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-05-11, 03:55 PM.

I have my Reserve weekend during this but some of my Toyota guys are going on Friday. I might be able to post trail conditions that night so you have an idea before you leave in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
      I have my Reserve weekend during this but some of my Toyota guys are going on Friday. I might be able to post trail conditions that night so you have an idea before you leave in the morning.
      [COLOR="blue"] Yes, post the trail conditions on friday. My only concern is downed trees.[/COLOR]

Comment

I am going to see if I can make it. I just need to find a copilot. I might need either derections or an address I can plug into mapquest. I dont have a lighter to plug my gps into yet.
        It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

Neil, mapquest Hook Creek rd in Lake Arrowhead, you follow that to the end and you are at the trailhead

Comment

Ok thanks Art

Comment

I have gps now. Added lighter socket this morning.

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Thanks Art. We'll be meeting on the corner of Hook Creek Rd & Hwy 173. There is a little gas station on the north east side.
                From there we'll caravan down Hook Creek road to the trailhead. Meeting time is 9:00am.[/COLOR]

Comment

Wish I didn't have other plans. I'd bring the HOT chocolate. 30's and snow. Yeah baby!

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    [COLOR="blue"]Thanks Art. We'll be meeting on the corner of Hook Creek Rd & Hwy 173. There is a little gas station on the north east side.
                    From there we'll caravan down Hook Creek road to the trailhead. Meeting time is 9:00am.[/COLOR]
                    Can someone pm me a number in case I am running a few minutes behind. I have a 2 hour drive to get there and dont want to miss you guys.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Looks like their calling for snow tomorrow. I'll post tomorrow evening on the snow conditions.
                        If it looks too cold & wet maybe we'll pospone this run again.[/COLOR]

Comment

If it,s a no go .What,s our second choice mike?????

Comment

Mottino, Crowbar ?
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Just got back from Lake Arrowhead and there is 1-2"s of snow. It's supposed to snow all day tomorrow. So we'll see.
                              I think Mottino wash sounds pretty good if the weather stays bad up here. [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X