Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IDTT 2011 (and it was NOT an organized event)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice video. Bummer about the RCV axles, but the service sounds great. Last time I did the GK it was know where as bad as it looks now.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

It was great to see everyone again! So bummed the winds took out 2 of my tent poles Saturday afternoon. Candice had a great time and couldn't believe what our Jeeps can do. I did take her on a little portion of Odessa and in the beginning rock garden she says, "Ok I think I have seen enough. We can turn around now." Haha!

It was great to witness Mr Green wiz thru the Gatekeeper!

Hope to see you all again soon!!

Comment

Seven Jeeps participated in the Rodman Loop run. From left to right, Sarah’s green TJ, my khaki TJ, Matt’s (Matt2001TJ) green TJ, Roger’s (trip leader) black CJ-7, Tam’s (JeepGal) red TJ, Tom’s (BlackAndTan) black TJ, and John’s (Cohuhol) white TJ:

After meeting at Peggy Sue’s we traveled along the Historic Route 66 to Newberry Springs, where we left the pavement and aired down. We stopped at the entrance to Box Canyon, to stretch our legs and view the wildflowers in bloom:

Our next stop was at the Rodman Petroglyphs. Although there is a road leading to the site, the last ¼ mile is closed to motorized vehicles, so we parked our Jeeps and hiked to the site. When we arrived, we discovered about a half-dozen quads and SUVs whose drivers ignored the signs and were parked at the site:

After a lunch break at the Rodman Petroglyphs, we continued to Camp Skee. I suspect that the miner who build this stone cabin was not very tall:

The next stop was at Kane Spring, where John and Dennis’ dogs enjoyed playing in the marsh:

We followed the Gas Pipeline Road to Camp Rock Road, and helped Chris and Tammy (JeepGal) change a tire:

We reached pavement where Camp Rock Road intersects the I-40 frontage road and returned to camp shortly after 4 pm.

(continued)
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Although high winds were forecast for the area, our campsite in Mule Canyon was sheltered from the wind, so we were able to enjoy the campfire with only occasional gusts of wind. I’LL DRINK TO THAT!:

On Sunday, I drove up Phillips Loop to get a view of the Calico area from the ridgeline before heading home. Portions of Phillips Loop have become eroded. It is still suitable for stock Jeep, but it is more of a “moderate” trail instead of an “easy” trail.

I had a great time wheeling and meeting everyone at IDTT.
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

The Rodman Mountains trail run group shot - led by Roger. Rick snapped a great pic!

and the rest... are here. Not too many this time, sorry about that!
            Last edited by sarah; 04-06-11, 06:29 PM. Reason: change image size
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Awesome Runs, Awesome Spotter(s), Awesome Drivers,Awesome Jeeps, Awesome Friends, Awesome Team Work, Makes for FANTASTIC GOOD TIMES!!!
              Great Pics and Veds ,they always tell Good Stories!
              Wish I could of been there!
              Last edited by MiB; 04-06-11, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Had a great time as always.... Until next year... ill drink to that...MATT
                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

WOW! So much in so little. We need to make this a 3 day get-together. Always great to see everyone new & known (excellent campfires too). Mine tours (headhunter) Incredible!!! You like this stuff & we liked it too.

Our trail runs were great, my 15.5.1 year old drove most of the time over the weekend which gave me the time to look out the window. WOW! Where's my Driver. Let's go!

Cheers

Thanks for the ride, You ALL ROCK!!!

Comment

Wish I could have made it to the run this year. I actually had the weekend off. My buddy that got back from Afghanistan a little bit ago came to town and we hung out for the weekend. He had a bunch of business to take care of before he moves to Virginia next month.

The good news is he just bought a 2010 JK, the bad news it will be 4 years before he is back from Virginia and we can wheel together.
                    Dennis
                    04 TJ
                    4.0/Auto
                    RE 4.5 Long Arm
                    Rock-It Man Rockers
                    33x12.50 BFG A/T
                    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Originally posted by MiB View Post
                      Wish I could of been there!
                      Well, start planning for next year!

And A special thanks to Russ for teaming up with me in planning & running the trail run. Thanks to you all that came on the run. It was great having each and every one of you! You all ROCK!
                      Last edited by JeepGal; 04-12-11, 02:58 PM.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

I'm sorry we missed it this year. Looks like eveyone had a good time. Maybe next year one of our 3 jeeps will be running. I was looking forward to it. Great pictures and trail reports. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X