Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Roger testing out his new Jeep!

I went out today with Scott (avjeepfreek), and our good friend Roger so that Roger could drive and check out his newest Jeep purchase! We met at Rogers house and then went up Hwy18 to Jacoby Canyon, then out east on 2N02 to 3N03 and back to Hwy 18.
    Warm nice weather and a good check out run for Roger in his new toy. Water is still running thru and down a lot of Jacoby. Lunch was great next to the flowing stream. Cash and Pink exchange on the 19th of April. Thank you guys for another fun time in the mountains. And Roger. please keep the great88 exploring tradition going for years to come my friend!

Thank you to all of the great friendships from the great MJR folks over the last 4 years.

Jacoby Canyon trailhead airdown

Baldwin Lake from Baldwin Mine

Arrastra Creek crossing on 2N02

Roger the proud new owner!

Roger airing up the new ride

Wildflowers in Apple Valley on my way home. Spectacular!

Last edited by Mitch; 03-30-11, 06:29 PM.

I'm glad roger got a great jeep. But sad that you lost a jeep. I'm sure it all works out for the best.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

What? Mitch, what happened to holding on to it for a minute? Congrats Roger.
      Build it right the first time.

Comment

Roger, You trader.

Congrats to both of you.
        Check out .

Comment

Yeah Chuck, the square headlight thing, I know, I'll just have to get over it

All seriousness - For three years I've watched the great88 turn into the great Jeep it is. I know everything that's been upgraded, I know who's done the work, the quality of parts, how it's been maintained, and how it's been driven. I don't know of a better built & maintained YJ. Oh, and a fair price from good friend.

I won 't actually take possession of it until April 19th.

I was thinking of putting a CJ Grill & headlights on it!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

NICE JEEP!!!!!!!

Congrats Sir.....
            Jeep

Comment

I knew Chuck would catch on to the square headlight thing! Enjoyed seeing the smile on your face Roger.

Comment

Hell yeah! That,s some cool stuff Congrats Roger..I sure do miss going out in the jeep ..I need to put a few hundred into my TJ before I take it off the sreet..but I,ll be out soon..Thanks as always for the pic,s and report Mitch you always got something goin!!!lol...lucky *&^%$
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Nice Jeep purchase Roger. I say keep the squares but what do I know.
                  Mitch????????? Was something we said? Are you out of Jeeping or did you find something else to throw money at?

Comment

Mitch, Roger, thank you both for letting me tag along yesterday, it was a great ride. Had a great time watching Roger drive the Great88! I know that it's bitter sweet for Mitch to have to sell her but I also know that Mitch it taking comfort in the fact that it couldn't be going to a better new owner than his friend Roger and also knowing that it will be well taken care of! Congrats to the both of you!

Scott
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Are you getting a new rig or having to give up jeeping?
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Congrats to both of you!

Great to see Great88 in the hands of Roger. But I am really sad to know that Mitch will be leaving soon. So Mitch, Mottino before you go??
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,

I've already done my last tough runs. I have a few dirt road mine trips over the next few weeks. I promised Roger that it would not have any new scratches on it before the 19th of April.

For those who asked, I am moving out of state soon and sold the Jeep instead of dragging it the 2200 miles to my new home. I will ask for passenger seat runs till I move. I do a fair job at documenting the runs so call my if you need a photographer!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Mike,

I've already done my last tough runs. I have a few dirt road mine trips over the next few weeks. I promised Roger that it would not have any new scratches on it before the 19th of April.

For those who asked, I am moving out of state soon and sold the Jeep instead of dragging it the 2200 miles to my new home. I will ask for passenger seat runs till I move. I do a fair job at documenting the runs so call my if you need a photographer!

Mitch
                            [COLOR="blue"]Mitch we'll be doing Dishpan soon now that the snow is gone.[/COLOR]

Comment

Congratulations on the new Jeep, Roger! Mitch, hats off for what must have been a touch decision. I bought a house just over 2200 miles away (Ohio), and my Jeep has been a big part of what has kept me here. I'm sure seeing it go to a good home/ good friend made it a lot less painful. Best of luck out of state. I'll miss seeing pics of your gold mine runs.
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                              X