Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cakewalk - Hammerdown

[COLOR="blue"]We had a great run out at the Cougar Buttes. We had 5 or 6 vehicles. I'm very impressed with Jeremy in the FJ. He did all the sections w/o much dufficulty at all.

The Cakewalk trail was a fun trail and after finishing the last section of Bullfrog we headed over to the Hammerdown trail.

I've been wanting to run it backwards, so we gave it a try. I think the difficulty level is equal in either direction. Great trail.

It seemed we couldn't keep the wheels on the ground all day...love it.

Slideshow.[/COLOR]
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

A new difficult side trail

Hey Mike,
    Great pictures! Thank you for having me on your trail run; I had an awesome time!!!
    It's really great to be able to wheel with the Jeeps too as my fellow FJ's shy away from trails like these. Thank you for the excellent spotting, as always! Hopefully next trail run I will have my horrible lift reversed and not be quite as tipsy!!

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by FJJeremy View Post
      Hey Mike,
      Great pictures! Thank you for having me on your trail run; I had an awesome time!!!
      It's really great to be able to wheel with the Jeeps too as my fellow FJ's shy away from trails like these. Thank you for the excellent spotting, as always! Hopefully next trail run I will have my horrible lift reversed and not be quite as tipsy!!

Jeremy
      [COLOR="blue"]You did a great job on the trails today Jeremy. Sorry about the broken tail light on Hammerdown.[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks mike for a great day.Good pics and lot,s of wheelies today.let,s do it again soon .

Comment

Not your fault! It comes with the territory!

Comment

I recall hearing something like this over the CB radio....... "Jeremy you can go around Hammerdown and meet us at the other side if you want", then I heard a repy like this, "Whats another scratch?" No problem! Love it. Glad you had fun today Jereme, it was nice to meet you.
            Last edited by Mitch; 03-26-11, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Here are a few more pictures.

Last edited by Mitch; 03-26-11, 07:35 PM.

Comment

It's been awhile since I've hit the rocks. I had a great time. 3 tires down most of the day.

Steve
                All slow and no show

Comment

Some great pictures guys. As always another great day running the trails at cougar butts.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Hey Mike is it me or is your gas tank skid tweaked a bit ? Looks like the passenger side is shoved up about 2" or driverside is hangin down 2". Other than the carnage it looks like you guys had a great time.

Comment

Beau,

Good eye on Mikes tank skid. He did come down very hard on it at one section and had the whole rear end weight on it. The tail pipe took a nice beating as well. Ah fun times on the rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                        Hey Mike is it me or is your gas tank skid tweaked a bit ? Looks like the passenger side is shoved up about 2" or driverside is hangin down 2". Other than the carnage it looks like you guys had a great time.
                        [COLOR="blue"]I did that on the BoulderBash trail a couple of months ago. I figure it gives me a little extra clearance on the passenger side.[/COLOR]

Comment

Love it and living through the images while stuck at the office. Great photos!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Mike, I thought you did it Saturday. This hit really sounded loud from my location.

Mitch

Comment

[QUOTE=great88;187526]Mike, I thought you did it Saturday. This hit really sounded loud from my location.

Mitch

[COLOR="blue"]No it was on one of the Boulder bash ledges. [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X