Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get food poisoning at Pasta J during EJS!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Get food poisoning at Pasta J during EJS!

Get food poisoning at Pasta J!

All three of us got sick at Pasta J on Big Saturday night, 3 April 2010. We had:
    1) Minestrone soup, salad, chicken cacciatore
    2) Minestrone soup, salad, special chicken with Portobello mushrooms
    3) Salad, chicken with Italian sausage
    I left with food poisoning before the meal was over at the insistence of my friends and they took care of the bill. During the night, I was dizzy every time got out of bed for many trips to the bathroom. I tired to get up at 4 AM for return trip; I tried at 5 AM again to get up. Finally at 6 AM got up and it took an hour to just pull on clothes and take two bags out to the car. The food poisoning turned a 10 hour drive back to Los Angeles into a fifteen hour nightmare. Monday’s flight to the East Coast was much less than pleasant.

Tuesday 6 April called Pasta J’s and talked to the manager, Kate, about the food poisoning, and that that trip was the seventh trip to Moab for me. Kate said that she would investigate and call me back. Furthermore she thought that the chicken had not been properly handled or cooked enough. She offered coupons for free meals. Since I had never had food poisoning ever before, I said that I would not be interested in ever eating there again even for free. I suggested that she talk to her management for some other form of compensation such as refunding my money or paying for three meals at a place that they do not own or operate. I left two telephone numbers and my address.

Did they contact me about the investigation? NO!

Please spread the word that eating at Pasta J will get you sick!

I will get my satisfaction by getting people to eat elsewhere.

File a bitch with their local health dept.
    Send your letter to the local paper in Moab and the local jeep club.
    LG
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Well, having worked in the restaurant industry for 18 yrs (thank God no more) I can tell you that with out going to the hospital and being diagnosed with food poisoning, your out of luck legally. Secondly, 90% of restaurant owners/managers/workers don't give much care to anyone who calls about much of anything. For her to have admitted that it may have been this or that is rather surprising. After reading what you guys ate, I would agree that the chicken probably had salmonella.
      http://www.medicinenet.com/salmonella/article.htm
      As sad as that is, I hope you guys are ok. I got it once from a carls jr breakfast burrito and went to the ER. They said I had a muscle spasm which was horse crap. Cost me 1100 bucks towards my deductible as well. Sadly, the most you can do is contact the health inspector, turn their "A" rating into a "B" and get the word out. Hope you guys feel better and sorry for the bad times.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
      X