Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Fairview Valley Rocks

After letting Tammy play on some rocks today in the Jeep we headed over to Scott and Lesa's house for a putt to Fairview Valley and the incredible rocks on the north east side of the Valley. It was a great afternoon with deep blues skies and very clear. We followed small trails weaving thru the massive rock piles. Just a nice low key drive. After an awesome sunset we all headed over to Las Brisas for some tasty Mexican food. Thanks guys for the fun time. Tammy and I are lucky to have so many great friends.

Mitch

The Fairview Valley Caboose

The Rocks

God do I love the desert sunsets!

Last edited by Mitch; 03-22-11, 11:39 PM.

Mitch,
    It's about time to enter photo's in the SB County Fair. Your Joshua tree at Sunset would be a winner. Go enter it!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

That looks pretty nice. I was out exporing in those rocks some on Saturday and then Sunday I was out there again looking at the stuff on the North side of the Ridge and exploring the rocks there. There are some great formations there and I saw some beautiful fields of yellow flowers, some nice red Indian Paintbrush and some pretty purple flowers that reminded me of little trumpets.

Thanks for the pictures.
      Last edited by Reedster; 03-23-11, 02:15 PM.

Comment

That huge pile of rocks is just so awesome. You can spent hours exploring both sides of that formation. And I've a;way heard that you could not go between Johnson Road and the south side of the rock pile, but Scott and Lesa found a trail that connects the north side and the south side. The flowers should be incredible in the next few weeks out there.

Roger, thank you for the nice compliment on the picture. I'm enjoying the new camera and sunsets seem to come out very nice. Tammy has been patient with me snapping away. In the 8 days since she bought it for me I've taken over 800 photo's. I took a bunch with the joshua trees in front of the sunset. It's my favorite also.

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 03-23-11, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X