Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone planning a Rubicon run this summer?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anyone planning a Rubicon run this summer?

Is anyone planning on the Rubicon this Summer? I have not been there for a couple years, so I'm overdue. Any plans? Mike

I was hoping to do the Rubicon sooner or later. I am not sure about this summer but perhaps it could work. Did you have a date in mind?

Comment

I do not have a date yet. My desire is to make a long weekend of the Rubicon. In the past I've driven/towed Thursday, entered the trail Friday AM, camp two nights on the trail, and out to Tahoe Sunday morning. I always enjoy adding some time to stay in Tahoe, if Vacation permits. I have done the Rubicon at least a dozen times over the past 20 years, so I have a pretty good idea what to expect. As far as a date/weekend, I am open to anytime in July or August. Late June is possible, but snow and mosquitos can be a problem. July 28-31 and August 5-7 are out because of Jeep/Jeepers Jamboees. Labor day is possible if vacation/time off is limited. 4th of July is a zoo, but still fun. Let me know if you get serious and we can set a date. Perhaps when a date is set others will tag along. Mike

Comment

I've been slowly gather parts to do a build and run on Labor Day. My dad and a friend are bringing their rigs out from Ohio so I don't have a choice but to be ready. How is the crowd factor during Labor Day?
        USMC F&AM

Comment

I have done Labor Day before. The trail was buisy but not that bad. Traffic jams are inevidable, but that goes for any summer weekend. I actually like Labor Day, because the Little Sluice becomes quite a show on a buisy weekend. Getting a "good" campsite is more difficult when the trail is full, but there always seems to be room for one more. Labor Day would be fine with me. Mike

Comment

Working...
          X