Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 8 more mines in JV

Tammy and I went went out on Tuesday to do some exploring and to chase down a few new mines. We headed out east of Lucerne and north of Hwy 247 to the Lester Dale Mining camp and also the Silver Reef Mine area. Weather was warm and clear with a light breeze. Perfect for hiking and exploring.

We explored a neat secluded side canyon on a narrow rocky trail and checked out an old mine back there. Very quiet and peaceful.

Lester Dale Mining camp. This has been cleaned up again and is still in ok shape. Several buildings still standing. This is another of those see it while you can places. There are several mines in the area.

At the Silver Reef Mining area we found 8 new to me mine tunnels. There are still others we didn't have time to check out. This is an awesome area for those that take the time to really look around and explore. One tunnel went back just over 100 feet and has a upper level that heads off overhead (not accessible). As we headed out we saw a nice size Townsend Long Ear Bat. Very cool but couldn't capture it with my new camera. Still need to read up on how to use it!

Hi Mitch,

Awesome mines! Can't believe there is still a lantern hanging there. Did you bring that with you and hang it?

Mike
    "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Very cool mines Mitch.

Comment

Awesome Mitch! What a cool adventure. I need to get out to the Lester Dale area with you before it gets too hot.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X