Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 3-20-11 Bad weather run

We are going to make a run up the San Jacinto mountains on 3-20-11 (that is sunday) if anyboby wants to go. We are entering the mountains at Bee Canyon in Hemet. It is supose to rain Saturday and Sunday so there might be snow higher up. The bad weather should make for some interesting wheeling.

Anyone wanting to go let me know I will pm my address. We will be meeting at about 10am on sunday morning at my house I live about 10 minutes from the trail.
    Last edited by neilbyrd; 03-15-11, 09:29 AM.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

I might be in for this. Rain on bee canyon is loads of fun. There is lots of clay on bee canyon so it gets real slick in the rain. I lived in hemet for 40 years so some fun spots out there.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      I might be in for this. Rain on bee canyon is loads of fun. There is lots of clay on bee canyon so it gets real slick in the rain. I lived in hemet for 40 years so some fun spots out there.
      We went up yesterday and we hit a few of those spots.
      Last edited by neilbyrd; 03-15-11, 09:30 AM.

Comment

If it's raining, my yard work plans may be shot. I'll talk to the wifey and might show up. Run Bee Canyon a few times up to Idyllwild. There are some fun spots there for sure.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Me and Russ took it up a different way Sunday and it was pretty cool. I think we might try the hemet jeep trail while we are up there this time.

Comment

If it's raining they will close and lock the gates to protect a green and blue rated trails from wheelers tearing it up in the mudd...you might want to call first to see if the gates are open(save that $4 gas). People that have been caught behind the locked gates were fined $5000.to $10000.plus trail repairs and restoration.
            Happy wheel'n!

Comment

So far this year my experience has been no locked gates except when the trail got washed out about 3 or 4 months ago. It is not supose to rain that hard this weekend so everything should be good to go.

Comment

Whoa!

Originally posted by MiB View Post
                If it's raining they will close and lock the gates to protect a green and blue rated trails from wheelers tearing it up in the mudd...you might want to call first to see if the gates are open(save that $4 gas). People that have been caught behind the locked gates were fined $5000.to $10000.plus trail repairs and restoration.
                Happy wheel'n!
                :omg: Whoa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  If it's raining, my yard work plans may be shot. I'll talk to the wifey and might show up. Run Bee Canyon a few times up to Idyllwild. There are some fun spots there for sure.
                  If wifey won't go I might know someone who will ride with you....
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I'm thinking of moving outdoor gardening plans to Saturday. If this run is still a go, I wouldn't mind tagging along. I need to get out. Besides I haven't see the SD area peeps in a while.

Comment

Any planning on going please let me know asap so I can get you my address. We are meeting at my house at 10:00am and leaving about 10:30 I dont want to leave anyone behind.

Comment

Neil,

So far, it looks like everyone who has responded has said that they "might" go. If you're still planning to make the run up the hill, I'll come out and join you.

Russ
                        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                        KI6MLU

Comment

feel free to join Russ you are always welcome at my house. We are planning to leave at 10:30 am but if you need a little more time I will wait for you.

Comment

I'm out. Not enough rain, I can still get more yardwork done. Hopefully finish these sprinklers so next weekend we can sod! I also have a fence to build. Sorry Neil. Have fun out there guys!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

We had a good run today and the Hemet Jeep Trail was pretty cool lots of ruts and off camber spots. We ran it down, next time we will run it uphill, that should make for some good challenging spots.

Oh and we didn't have one drop of rain the entire time. I guess it is the "bad wheather run, gone good"
                              Last edited by neilbyrd; 03-20-11, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X