Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: On the way to Heartbreak Ridge!!!!!

Well some think this is a bad day?? I think it was the end to a great DAY!!! The Next Day All fixed And looking forward to Another Day!!!! Disregard The Camera dates on the first few It was wrong.

Steve,

Glad to see you had a good day after all of that. Broke your spooled 44? Bummer. At least you got it handled and fixed. Good job. The trail looks wet but where is all of that snow? I would have thought you would be in a foot or two of snow at that point. Thanks for the pictures.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      Steve,

Glad to see you had a good day after all of that. Broke your spooled 44? Bummer. At least you got it handled and fixed. Good job. The trail looks wet but where is all of that snow? I would have thought you would be in a foot or two of snow at that point. Thanks for the pictures.

Mitch
      Hey Mitch it was my son-in-law Tj and it a 35 w/aussie we thought it would be ok with the small tire it has on it !! But we were wrong. Lol Oh bye the way i think i know you??? It's a small Desert LOL

Comment

Oh forgot about the snow!!! There isn't Any were thinking the same but the week of warm weather it pretty much gone and very Dry with a little thaw thru in the sunny side.

Comment

I like the color of his Jeep! Sucks about the rear.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the snapped axle, but I'm glad that you were able to get it repaired on the trail. It's good to know that no one messed with it over night.

D35's aren't real friendly to being locked from my experience, but they can be beefed up. Your son-in-law might be better served to put an Aussie up front and a limited slip in the rear. The D30s seem to be happy with a locker if the tires aren't too big. Just my :2:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the PM. Small world isn't it! See you on the trail.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Sorry to hear about the snapped axle, but I'm glad that you were able to get it repaired on the trail. It's good to know that no one messed with it over night.

D35's aren't real friendly to being locked from my experience, but they can be beefed up. Your son-in-law might be better served to put an Aussie up front and a limited slip in the rear. The D30s seem to be happy with a locker if the tires aren't too big. Just my :2:
                Yah he is looking into the direction he wants to go!! Thinkin Alloy Axle's in the rear And aussie up front!!! It's all a learning experience!!! But fun either way.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                  Steve,

Thanks for the PM. Small world isn't it! See you on the trail.

Mitch
                  Will definitely catch up with you on the trail

Steve

Comment

I almost crapped my pants when i saw the pics of you guys under the jeep with the hi lift. then i saw the floor jack and i breathed again. I
                    HATE hi lifts. i have a permanent scar just below my eyebrow from a handle getting loose and cracking me in the face...
                    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                      I
                      HATE hi lifts. i have a permanent scar just below my eyebrow from a handle getting loose and cracking me in the face...
                      I am terrified of those things! Too many horror stories. I crossed that off my list of things to buy a long time ago! I keep the bottle jack under the seat and a couple of blocks of wood in the back. Bottlejack works fine and I know a Jeeper who runs 35's and says he uses his bottle jack when changing a tire with no problem.
                      2004 TJ X
                      Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Steve,

Going to hit Heartbreak in the morning. Hope we don't need any jacks on this run!

Comment

Originally posted by LuvToJeep View Post
                          Yah he is looking into the direction he wants to go!! Thinkin Alloy Axle's in the rear And aussie up front!!! It's all a learning experience!!! But fun either way.
                          When I put alloys in my 35 I upgraded to 30 splines. You can even get an arb that'll except them. I ran 35's that way, from many years on many trails, and never had another problem. You may be able to get a 30 spline version of your aussie, too.
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                            I almost crapped my pants when i saw the pics of you guys under the jeep with the hi lift. then i saw the floor jack and i breathed again. I
                            HATE hi lifts.
                            I had the exact same reaction!
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Steve,

We drove right thru it today. The remaining snow was beyond where you guys broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X