Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Desert Jeeping

After yesterdays awesome run, I still needed more! I met Scott (avjeepfreak) and his friend Bobby (99TJ) at the Valero Station to set up a little tour of the desert. Bobby has only had his Jeep for a couple of months so we needed to take it easy today. We showed Bobby around for a couple hours checking out a mine and some nice sites.

Bobby needed to leave early so that put Scott and I out there to explore. Scott found a neat long, winding canyon with a fun wash that ran for a couple of miles.

We followed the wash for an hour, checking out interesting mining prospects along the canyon. We ended up on an old trail that took us out to OM6618. We stopped to check out a small mine there.

Then we decided to take Spinel to Johnson Road out to Fairview Valley and then to Scott's house. As we entered the narrow part of the pass we hit water on Johnson Road. We drove in the stream for 1/2 mile! First time either of us had seen water here.

Scott is looking for his front wheel!

Incredible clear blue skies and warm temps all day. Another great day Jeeping with good friends.

Last edited by Mitch; 02-28-11, 07:22 AM.

Looks like a really nice day in the desert. Nice to see snow and water in the area.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

[QUOTE=great88;186071]

Looks like the Uptown area at Margheritaville. I've climbed most of those formations. I want to check out that road from there to Lucerne sometime. I didn't have a 4x4 when I used to spend a bunch of time out that way.

Looks like another nice day out in the desert. Thanks for the report and the pics.

~R

Comment

Working...
      X