Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
    Sorry I missed this Troy. My Jeep is running 37" 12.50 KM2's. Unfortunately I punctured one and they are on a nationwide backorder. I think I found the only one in a tire shop in Redwood City.
    ah the 17" rim ones...those are the perfect width. im staring down the 345/75/16 but trying to judge the width/hight in the bfg line of tires
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Yet another video...

Not nearly as good of a quality as Chuck's video, but my wife did a good job of narrating the adventure so I thought that I would share this with everyone. No music. I'm afraid of Lars.

http://vimeo.com/20549055
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Great video Mike. I always enjoy Sharon's narrating. It also cool to see a different view point from what I was seeing.
        Check out .

Comment

Chains

Great post!

It looks like you have your chains on opposite corners, is that how it is supposed to be done. Kinda makes sense if you only have one set. Did they allow you on the highway chained up like that?

Mike
          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
            Great post!

It looks like you have your chains on opposite corners, is that how it is supposed to be done. Kinda makes sense if you only have one set. Did they allow you on the highway chained up like that?

Mike
            I was wondering the same thing.
            Last edited by Jeeperator; 03-02-11, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Great post!

Mike
              Actually, CalTrans made us put the chains on before we got to the snow line. I was surprised how far away they made us do it. On the way back down, they had moved to the snow line.

Putting the chains on the opposing corners is the best option for only two chains. This of course only has benefit if you are in 4WD.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Great post!

Mike
                It doesn't matter where you put the chains. Front wheel drive cars put both chains on the front. As long as you have chains on when Caltrans wants you to, you are golden.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I've never understood the fact that when it gets so bad that 4x4's are required chains; why are non 4x4's even allowed to continue on?? Did you all encounter many stranded/stuck vehicles @ BB??

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
                    I've never understood the fact that when it gets so bad that 4x4's are required chains; why are non 4x4's even allowed to continue on?? Did you all encounter many stranded/stuck vehicles @ BB??
                    No not really, but alot of umm... idiots? were chaining up right in the traffic lanes, in very low visibility. You can always tell the folks that live in the flatlands. No clue what so ever. I guess if we would have gone out the 18 into Highland we would have seen a lot of stuck cars. The storm hit the South facing slopes hard so I guess the 18 on that side was a real mess.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

great pics, and Chuck, awesome video

Comment

Thank you Roberto.
                        Check out .

Comment

I saw Danny Bogner of the SoCal Broncos at TDS. He said that the previous Saturday, there were some fresh tire tracks on 3N16, and he followed them for about three miles until he saw that they stopped and turned around. He said that there were no tracks beyond that point, and that he turned around, too.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                            I saw Danny Bogner of the SoCal Broncos at TDS. He said that the previous Saturday, there were some fresh tire tracks on 3N16, and he followed them for about three miles until he saw that they stopped and turned around. He said that there were no tracks beyond that point, and that he turned around, too.
                            Ha! That's awesome. I hope that Danny had as much fun as we did.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X