Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: March 6th: Dry Canyon/Dome Springs Campground trail

Haven't had my jeep out in a bit since ive been adding a few things to it but been looking to hit this trail again ever since i last went. its Dry Canyon/Dome Springs campground trail, some people may have other names for it. its on the back side of frazier park, looking to head up there on Sunday March 6th for the day and looking to go farther than i did last time. i had alot of fun on this one and anyone that would like to join is welcome. i would say the difficulty varies depending on the lines you take

March 6th (Sunday)
    Meet time: 8:30am Flying J in Frazier Park, head out to trail at 8:45

here are some pics from the last run there:

looks like fun for the El Grande. If I can, I'll be there. Kevin.

Comment

Sorry I would be in but TDS is the same weekend, if we cancel cause of the rain, I'll go

Comment

Dev - how is Dome Canyon for camping (fires permitted?,cost?, reservations needed?)? I'd be up to running with ya, but would trailer out on Saturday and camp.

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
          Dev - how is Dome Canyon for camping (fires permitted?,cost?, reservations needed?)? I'd be up to running with ya, but would trailer out on Saturday and camp.
          He wouldnt know this....
          Campfire permit yes, but highly unlikely for a Ranger to come strolling in there. No reservations. FREE, open to everyone

Comment

TDS Weekend and I am already registered to go rain or shine. If not I would be all over this. I like BC109/Dome Springs/Dry canyon.

Comment

Thanks JayyC for the info

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                looks like fun for the El Grande. If I can, I'll be there. Kevin.
                ya i had a good time on this trail, but sounds good hope u can make it!

Originally posted by JayyC View Post
                Sorry I would be in but TDS is the same weekend, if we cancel cause of the rain, I'll go
                booooo! haha

Originally posted by Xjman1 View Post
                TDS Weekend and I am already registered to go rain or shine. If not I would be all over this. I like BC109/Dome Springs/Dry canyon.
                sounds good, have fun if TDS stil happens!

Comment

What do you mean if it still happens? It is a rain or shine event.
                  Plan is to head up to Hungry Valleyon Sunday and maybe hit 109 on the way home. Supposed to snow up that way so Jeeps, snow and quads should make for a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by Xjman1 View Post
                    What do you mean if it still happens? It is a rain or shine event.
                    Plan is to head up to Hungry Valleyon Sunday and maybe hit 109 on the way home. Supposed to snow up that way so Jeeps, snow and quads should make for a fun time.
                    hey are u heading to the snow this sunday?? We are doing a run also I'm not on here much so lemme know.

Comment

Sure are. Leaving Oxnard Sunday Morning and heading up to Hungry Valley. Taking daughters boyfriend whom just bought a Jeep TJ and has never wheeled so will be doing some training trails. We will be on Channel 7 if you see a black TJ Sport with a tinted black softtop and a White TJ Sahara with spice hard top and roof rack. Both stock for now.

Comment

well as the weather looks now looks like it may b a sunny day with a high 40's temp but things may change with that as the week goes by. hope you all can make it!

Comment

I was up there Sunday and no snow but running water down the river bed. Sure was a nice day up there though. Have fun as I am sure we will be having fun at TDS

Comment

I may jump in on this one...

Comment

xj: oh wow running water huh, that shall make for a fun run then!

brian: ya buddy come join if ur free! every done this trail?

Comment

Working...
                              X