Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 20110219 John Bull snow run

cross posting for Scuba Steve. it was a blast up there. at one point i was trying to figure out sleeping arrangements in the event that we were not going to make it off the mountain...the snow surprisingly offered pretty good traction, but my winch got used. all snow runs are "recovery runs" too some extent and this one was no different. the highlight for me was hiking a 1/8 mile in the dark, post holing, in the snow storm, trying to find some part of the trail. with that much snow up there the trail looks no different then the open woods.

Originally posted by Scuba
    Had a pretty good day up there. Weather was nice when we first got there at about 11AM. We started at Jacoby Canyon (3N61) and then headed down 3N16 to the west entrance of John Bull to run it backwards. Turned out to be the best plan because according to another group we ran into, going up the hill after gatekeeper was near impossible.

Attendees: Me (scuba), Troy (Troyboy162) and Chris (LBchico98).

Was a relatively event free day except for some carnage on my part.
    After going up the rock garden thats normally right before (when running east to west) the big open "group shot hill" I hit a rock with my passenger front tire while making tracks up the hill. When the tire hit I busted the CV axle, took a 2x6 ish chunk out of the rim and knocked over the alignment cam locating tabs. The CV R&R took a good 1.5hrs. After that we blazed the trail but it was slow going. I don't think we were off of the trail until 9ish.

A couple pics. I'll post the link to the album after the rest of the pictures upload..

Crappy Alignment:

Limp shaft:

Shaft replacement.
    john bull in the snow
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Last edited by troyboy162; 02-20-11, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Snow Run

Sorry I could'nt make it. It looks like my kind of fun. My ol Cruiser and truck chains would have been a ball. Kevin.

Comment

wished you could have made it. we ran into some jeeps up there and had alot of fun.

steeling from steve pics...these are some more good ones

Comment

Cool run man. I actually bought a spare km1 from Scuba couple months ago.

Comment

Thats cool how you all bought matchign wheels for this event. Must be a toyota thing.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

How deep into JB did you get? I can't imagine you ran the whole trail as it was really deep snow in there.
              Cool pics...
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                How deep into JB did you get? I can't imagine you ran the whole trail as it was really deep snow in there.
                Cool pics...
                we were able to do the whole thing but a jeep with 37" was trail blazing at the very top after i lost the trail. at first my pride was hurt but even with 37" he got stuck a few times and had to winch through the deepest drifts. alot of the the trail was broken in a few feet at a time. id say the snow ranged 8-30" with the deepest drifts being on the east side at the top.

the matching rims comment cracked me up. i tell ya i wanted some bead locks up there since i was down to 5 psi

Comment

nice, great pics, love the mud pool one!!!

Comment

Since when is this website called MyJeep&ToyotaRocks.com Just kiddin! Looks awesome up there. Still one area I have yet to go to. Thanks for sharing
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

haha true i wished id gotten some pics of the jeeps with us. one was a beautiful 4 door wrangler. i figured id post up the pics sice i posted the invite for the run here and nobody bit on it. see all the fun you guys missed!

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                        Since when is this website called MyJeep&ToyotaRocks.com Just kiddin! Looks awesome up there. Still one area I have yet to go to. Thanks for sharing
                        I was thinking we could change it to ; My Toyota / Jeep Rocks. Just a thought. Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                          I was thinking we could change it to ; My Toyota / Jeep Rocks. Just a thought. Kevin
                          My Jeep/Toyota Rock.

Is that Chicken Rock in the picture?
                          Check out .

Comment

:dunno:MyJeep/toyotaROCKS
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              My Jeep/Toyota Rock.

Is that Chicken Rock in the picture?
                              Yes it is. Look ma, no hands
                              Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 02-26-11, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X