Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Playing around at the Blackhawk mine.

My Girlfriend has been bugging me to take her out rock hounding. Today we started off at the Silver Reef mine, then ran up to the Lester Dale house.

From there we goofed around on various trails that headed West. One of them had a sign 4N15. We found a narrow trail that went up the north side of the Blackhawk area. We found a couple of mines, Metal "Stuff" etc.

This was the first mine we ran across. At one time somebody felt the need to put a door on it to keep people out. A couple of guys could open this up in a short time with shovels. Who knows whats waiting inside?

I was able to crawl into this one. I was not happy with it's condition so I only went in a few feet and turned around. I could see the tunnel went back as far as my flash light would shine.

Some sort of Ore loading station.

A hill thats had a lot of work done to it.

This plant is called "Desert Trumpet" and it grows in the same area where Gold is found.

http://www.arizonagoldprospectors.co...mpet_Plant.htm

On the way out we found a boat out in the boonies.Odd.

Chris,

That is a very cool area to explore. Nice report and pictures. Call me next time you are heading out there. I know a few other spots to check out in the area.

Mitch

Comment

Let me know also Chris. I'm alway game for that area. Great photos.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
      X