Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: 20110219 snow bashing big bear

Coral canyon is gonna cancel due to rain so its a pick up game in the planning for this coming saturday. right now planning on dishpan and john bull backwards, but snows are predicted all week and weekend. in the event of too much snow it will become jacoby canyon and 3n16 snow bashing
    http://www.bigbearweather.com/index.php

difficulty: its a snow run...all bets are off trail-rating

when/where: 1045AM 34°18'54.00"N, 116°48'36.86"W meeting spot

communications:
    CB channel: 14
    FRMS/GRMS channel: 15 (bring two radios to share with a CB equiped rig)
    2M HAM: 146.430MHZ (UY simplex primary). also have keller peak, Rodman, bigbear...more to come repeaters
    70CM HAM: as needed

requirments:
    -flashlights if you want to explore mines time and route permitting
    -working reliable truck this is not a recovery run
    -packed lunch
    -winter clothing for 10-20 deg weather
    -emergency blankets
    -recovery points front and rear
    -tools
    -recovery strap
    -spare tire within 3" of your other tires
    -32" or taller tires
    -Rear locker
    -Sliders or good attitude towards body damage.

recomended:
    -33+" tires
    -winch
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Okay, meeting spot sucks for us without GPS. So where are you going to meet at, Kevin.

Comment

im heading out from my house but probably picking up a passenger from the walmart parking lot on bear valley at 9:45ish does that work for you? the link next to the courds has a sat image of the area. its the only staging area along the road up there on the long flat if i remeber right

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
        Okay, meeting spot sucks for us without GPS. So where are you going to meet at, Kevin.
        Kevin,that sounds and looks like Cactus Flats turn off.Have fun up there.
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

watch the post for updates. as of today it looks like the snow amounts will be reasonable for a attack on dishpan/John bull. that will change the meeting spot. final plans to be ironed out friday night. kevin im gonna pm you my cell number since the actual trails are pending snow fall.

Comment

Dooooood,
            Coral is best in the rain. Ya gotta do Bronco and Coral in the rain fer sher.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Dooooood,
              Coral is best in the rain. Ya gotta do Bronco and Coral in the rain fer sher.
              this post was a copy paste from another forum, but coral canyon is too far for me when i still havnt seen everything in my back yard. TTORA is postponing there CC run to next weekend.

im watching the weather closely and it keeps changing. reports are saying 12" at 4000 ft on friday night - saturday. does anyone know how that will translate on dishpan?? just trying to guess the best i can because it drasticly changes the starting point for saturday morning
              its sure to be fun though!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                this post was a copy paste from another forum, but coral canyon is too far for me when i still havnt seen everything in my back yard. TTORA is postponing there CC run to next weekend.

im watching the weather closely and it keeps changing. reports are saying 12" at 4000 ft on friday night - saturday. does anyone know how that will translate on dishpan?? just trying to guess the best i can because it drasticly changes the starting point for saturday morning
                its sure to be fun though!!
                If the snow level gets to 4000 feet Dishpan will have snow. It is on the North slope for the most part so the snow will stay longer. But you're right about the forcast; Dallas Rains gets paid to be wrong 99% of the time. I need a job like that!
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Dallas Rains couldn't forcast the pervailing weather!!
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                    kevin you in?

Comment

I would love to hti this with you but with the 35 out back i dont want to ruin your trip or be stranded. I will be changing this soon. Have a good one

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                        kevin you in?
                        Just got home on 2 hours sleep, I'm out, Kevin.

Comment

Opps.... Sorry I see the trail report on the other page........

Comment

Dallas Rains is a member of the AMS remember this when writing to him All this group is can be bought with a 25 dollar donation to some AMS American Moron Society roundtable.

Comment

Working...
                            X