Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: TDS Ocotillo Wells: March 4-6, 2011

Ok so whos planning to go!
    We are slummimg with Savvy and pimping for him.
    I heard that he has some super secret tequila that will cure all ills!
    Will be fun!

Roll Call!
    Last edited by sarah; 02-27-11, 03:32 PM.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I plan to be there.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Registered last night, heading out of Oxnard at 3-4 am Saturday morning as my daughters boyfriend has to work Friday night. Meeting up with a buddy from Fillmore along the way.
      Plan is to play around out there Saturday after setting up camp, avoid organized runs, hit the raffle Saturday night, play Sunday morning and head back home Sunday evening.
      Wish we had more time, but daughters boyfriend just got offered a permanent position where he work and that is his first week full time. He also just bought his first Jeep so is exited to see what this Offroad thing is all about.

Comment

I registered last night also and planning to be out there fri nit til sun afternoon/night

Comment

Originally posted by taylorireton View Post
          I registered last night also and planning to be out there fri nit til sun afternoon/night
          I'd like to go but i dont know if its gonna happen for em

Comment

I will be there in my Red Rubi Friday-Sunday. We are camping off Holley Rd.

Comment

I'll be out there and will likely run the event with the Rebel Offroad rigs. It'd be nice to meet up with some of the MJR members this trip. How about a gathering at the raffle or something?
              I spend most of my money on four-wheeling, the rest I just waste.

Comment

I will be out there Friday evening and then leaving Sunday Morning, right now going with one other Toyota. If you are thinking of going but don't have a group to camp with you are more then welcome to join us. We might be Yotas but we don't discriminate, as long as you are there to enjoy a safe fun weekend.

Michael

Comment

Its going to be sunny and warm. I can't wait! We're staying in borrego springs at the hacienda del sol. See yall out there.

Comment

I plan to arrive early Friday afternoon. It seems that most of you won't arrive until Friday evening. Is anyone interested in exploring the area on Friday afternoon? On Saturday, I plan to join the hordes on the Safari. I want to explore Obama's Notch and Bad Girls Bluff
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

What is this bad girls buff you speak of Russ?
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Erik,

This year's course is in the same general area as last year's run, except that it will be run in the opposite direction, clockwise instead of counterclockwise. In addition to Obama Notch, which you and I have run in the past, there are two more "red" routes, "Bad Girls Bluff" and "Chuck Norris' Playground". The description of the routes are on pages 40-41 of the TDS Desert Safari 2011 Program Guide. If you can't wait until you get to registration to pick up your program and the route map, here's a link to the online version of the program:
                        http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1r4...011-is-here%2F

Russ
                        Last edited by Russ Chung; 03-03-11, 07:50 AM.
                        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                        KI6MLU

Comment

Desert Safari

Good to see you out there Russ. Hope everyone who went had a good time and won something at the Drawing. Next year will be our 50TH and they want to make it bigger. Hope fully we will be able to use the North side. I think the problem now is with Imperial County because some of the trails cross private property as well as were we want to setup Headquarters.

Comment

Great trip and looking forward to next year. Weather was perfect and I left amazed at what a stock TJ is capable of. Just took off the sway bar, the hard way, and off we went, open diffs and all. Hit the side step on my Sahara on two occasions and no damage other than the skid plates got a work out.
                            Only downfall on the Jeep was on the way home the Jeep Check Engine Light came on then started flashing. Most power was lost and could barely hit 60 mph if I got up to speed slowly. Code check turned out a code P0301 and this could have been many things. Being Sunday parts stores were already closed and thus I gambled and drove her home. She did it well even with a HORRENDOUS head wind through Palm Springs. Got her into my buddies shop today and found the coil pack was shot. Replaced it and she is purring like a kitty now.
                            Can not wait until next year and no I did not when any raffle items.
                            If any one from Tierra Del Sol 4x4 Club is reading this, great job and Thank You for all you do to keep our lands open!!

Comment

Working...
                            X