Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Rattlesnake / Jacoby Canyon

I went to The Valero this morning to meet Mike (Deepwater), John and Kris (Nippletwister), Chris and "Legs" (Chris142), and Scott and Jan (Scott198) for a run up Rattlesnake and across 2N02 and then down Jacoby Canyon.

Rabbit Dry Lake (not today!)

The day started out warm and nice as with headed up Rattlesnake Canyon from Hwy 247. The canyon trail seems to change everytime we go up or down it. Chris was just there a week ago and he said there was more water this time. We poked along only seeing one group of Jeeps heading down.

Chris

Scott

We stopped for lunch at the Mining Camp.

Mike

After lunch I showed the group one of the many mines in the area.

Not to self.....Hold the camera away from your heavy breathing! Too Funny.

Next I led everyone across 2N02 and we stopped at the Spanish Smelter. This was a new spot for the group. A very awesome site.

Next we ran 2N02 to Baldwin Lake and over to the Lucky Baldwin Mine for a quick break. We ran into a group of OHV folks that were on their 4x4 CERT training run. Danny was the leader today. I finally was able to meet Stephen (Karstic) in person. Stephen was assisiting in the training.

We left after a visit and headed down Jacoby Canyon. This short Blue Square trail is always one of my favorites! There was still several snowy sections, plenty of water running down the trail, mud, and just a damn fun time.

John

We aired up at the end of the trail and everyone went their seperate ways home.

Another incredible desert sunset

Thank you everyone for a fantastic day on the trail! 8people and 4 dogs worked perfect together.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 02-05-11, 10:05 PM.

looks like a really fun trail! wish i could have made it...

Comment

As always......

....we had a great time bouncing around the country side......perfect weather, great friends......thx

On the way out we stopped at Sonic for a burger....
      ...good times..
      John & Kristi

Comment

I have met some of you guys before it looks like. Thanks for shareing and mitch your camo pants are right for the occacion.

Comment

Looks like a fun relaxing day.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Fun run Mitch! Thanks for leading us around. It was a good group of folks.

The mercury smelter was especially fascinating, the things they could do with so little.

I didn't recognize your jeep when you pulled into the Valero, there was no visible purple anymore!

A few more pics:
            Heading up Rattlesnake Canyon

At the mercury smelter site, Mitch pointing out the features.

On Jacoby

Mike
            "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Mike,

I knew that somebody took a picture of my Jeep. Thanks again everyone for a fun trip with good friends. So much to see out there.

Fred, really sorry you couldn't make it. Was looking forward to meeting you. We need to do it soon while I'm still in the area.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch , i have met you before but there were alot of us and did'nt get to talk to you that much. While your in the area? Why are you leaving somewere? I hope i get to hang out with you guys and learn about the canyons and mines. You seem like you research this stuff alot. I was lifting my jeep more cause it was rubbing on left hand turns. I brought it up away from the front fenders man it rides way better at 5" on the hwy so far i need a little shake down run to actually check the flex on it. I also just hit 200,000miles on it and she needed some love. lol

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                  I finally was able to meet Stephen (Karstic) in person. Stephen was assisiting in the training.
                  Actually I was one of the trainees.

Glad to finally meet you Mitch.

Comment

Fred,

With over 200 runs I have forgot some faces (sorry). I might be making a BIG move from here in a couple months. So I will have a several trips to squeeze in real quick. I'll be in Atlanta for 8 days then I'll be sharing the mine secrets before I leave I made a list recently and listed 85 mines that I have been in locally. So much fun.

Comment

Wait man you seemed liked one of the coolest cats around here
                      Last edited by InlandZJ; 02-07-11, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Mitch, I wanna run one of ur mine trips! I lockered my front this wknd, so I'm following you guys next trip!

Comment

Working...
                        X