Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Carveacre Road/Pancake Rock & La Posta Truck Trail

[CENTER]Carveacre Road/Pancake Rock & La Posta Truck Trail[/CENTER]

This was the day there was to be a bit of estrogen overload at my house from my wife's baby shower. It was with this in mind, my father-in-law, Mike and his uncle, Jerry and I decided to head out to a few trails close to home. Jerry has had his 2006 Jeep Rubicon for only a few months now and has been wanting me to show him around a few of the trails I'm familiar with. So far, he's only been in a few sandy washes around Anza-Borrego. Carveacre Road was to be the toughest trail he's been on.

Airing down along the road.

Starting up the trail. Notice the hikers on his tail. That's how slow he was going.

He was very impressed with his Jeep's ability.

The climb up Pancake Rock gave him a bit of pause.

At the top.

View on out towards Lake Barrett.

Coming down.

On our way to "Little Moab".

Coming down, I let Mike take the wheel.

This was his first time driving a Jeep.

Now on our way to La Post Truck Trail.

The elevation here is 5400 ft.

The PCT crosses here.

We soon finished up the trail and hit the highway towards home. It was a nice day spent on the trails. I enjoyed showing Jerry what his Jeep was capable of and look forward to seeing his confidence and experience grow with each new trail.

Nice pics.
    Thanks

Comment

John, that's awesome that a Square has to show a 'con how its done!! And, did that sign say "Unexploded Military Ordinance"? -- yikes! Only thought that was in the jungles of 'Nam and the desert's of the Mid-East...

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
        John, that's awesome that a Square has to show a 'con how its done!!
        Yes it is!

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
        And, did that sign say "Unexploded Military Ordinance"? -- yikes! Only thought that was in the jungles of 'Nam and the desert's of the Mid-East...
        Yep. Its a fairly new sign too. It would've been good to know that when I was up there hunting...

Comment

Although it would have been priceless to have you fire a round at whatever you were hunting and just happen to strike said ordinance...I'm thinking a change of pants and a defibillator would have been required!

Comment

John,

As usual great pictures and a nice report. Looks like a fun area. Thanks.

Mitch

Comment

Looks great, thanks for sharing. Just like your other similar reports, I wish I had more time to explore!
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thanks guys. However, with my daughter's arrival next month, my time spent exploring will be limited.

Comment

Working...
                X