Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: 2011-03-19: OAUSA Ham Test Session and Meet & Greet

The next OAUSA ham radio test session and meet and greet is scheduled for March 19th at the Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga. Please come join us for a great time talking about our favorite hobbies in the great outdoors. While you are at it, you can take the opportunity to test for your amateur radio license or try for that upgrade you've been wanting to get. For those that haven't been to the Bass Pro Shop it is also your opportunity to check it out. It is an amazing place to see. You might want to leave your wallets at home though. :lol: We will have a display of various outdoor adventure vehicles/equipment and amateur radio gear. Bring your families too. This is a great venue for us to meet the family members we never get to see on the trail. Post any questions you may have here or send a PM to BorregoWrangler or myself. I can also be emailed at k6jyb@oausa.net. We look forward to seeing you there.

WHERE:
    Bass Pro Shop (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
    7777 Victoria Gardens Lane
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
    Phone: 909-922-5500

GPS Coordinates:

34.112782ºN, 117.52691ºW (WGS84/NAD83)

TIME:
    Meet & Greet (9:00am - Late Afternoon)
    Amateur Radio Testing (10:00am - 1:00pm)

Tests will be available for all license classes. The standard ARRL testing fee of $15.00 will apply.

You guys are awesom. Thanks for doing this.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

This is the same weekend as the Desert Rendezvous which I have already committed to

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=54407
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I wish this didn't conflict with the Roundup but it was one of the only weekend that all our VE's could commit to before field day in June.

I know the pictures reflect a couple of FJ's but we're a wheel what you bring group. I'm rounding up some jeeps with military trailers, we're trying to get a few Mogs to display, etc. We're trying to get an assortment of setups to put in the main display. Anybody can sho off their set ups but we like to feature some variations in set ups.

Let me know if you want to feature your rig and we will see what ee can do. Everyone's rig is unique and that's the cool thing about our hobby.
        Last edited by K6JYB; 01-26-11, 10:40 PM.

Comment

If you want a ugly jeep section I would be happy to bring my Cherokee out to park.

Comment

Looks prety bad ass to me. Maybe put some spinners on it and you can qualify for the Ugly Jeep secion.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks for putting on the HAM radio m'n'g and test! Anyone even remotely interested in HAM radio should check this out - and see how fun it is! I know there are a bunch of MJR's that need to get their licenses (Chris & Tam!)
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

FYI. It is not that hard to get a handheld ham radio for less than what you would spend on a low end CB radio. And ham will reach hundreds of times further than your CB and damn near cell phone quality sound. The test is about as easy as the DMV driver’s license test.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood32 View Post
                  If you want a ugly jeep section I would be happy to bring my Cherokee out to park.
                  We would love to have your Cherokee out there. We'll find a place for it if you're serious.

Comment

Sounds very interesting. Count me as a maybe! WD4DDY (and wife KJ6FYZ).
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I just wanna be sure I'm correct, this isn't the MJR annual M&G that is held at the same location right?
                      Yes Sarah, I'm going to study & take the test.[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by K6JYB View Post
                        We would love to have your Cherokee out there. We'll find a place for it if you're serious.
                        Sure it's really not a big deal I live about two miles from Bass Pro Shops.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]I just wanna be sure I'm correct, this isn't the MJR annual M&G that is held at the same location right?
                          This is from our friends at OAUSA.net.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                            This isn't the MJR event but we want any all groups out there. We're about outdoor adventure by any method. I'll even have my backpacks on display. We focus on amateur radio because of the advantages it offers when all other comms fail.

It would be great to have you join our test session.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood32 View Post
                              Sure it's really not a big deal I live about two miles from Bass Pro Shops.
                              That would be awesome. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X