Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Jacoby to JV

Tammy and I headed up to Big Bear this morning for the Trail Meeting with Greg Hoffman. We stayed at the meeting for 2 hours, them we walked the Village and had lunch. Beautiful weather today. We left the Village and headed for Jacoby Canyon to check out the trail conditions. We drove through snow scattered along the trail for the first mile + and the runoff made several nice water crossings and we actually drove through water on the trail at one point for several blocks. As we got to the play spot/squeeze area, we encountered a stock Jeep that was stuck on the rocks. They were not prepared to be out there and the driver was in flip flops standing in the freezing cold stream. This gave me a chance to test my new synthetic winch rope and aluminum fairlead that Tammy got me for Christmas. It worked perfectly and we saved the young couple and their 2 small kids from a long cold night. We finished the trail and headed down to Camp Rock Road to go and do some shooting. Not enough time for Tammy to drive at Cougar Buttes today Tammy shot the .22, .38, and my .45 at our private property spot. We left there after dark after watching some incredible sunsets. A fantastic all day trip!.

Tammy and I prepared some Brontosarus steaks at home to satisfy the hunger. Yum!

Mitch

Big Bear Lake

The crystals on Tammy's "bebe" shirt gave us a "Disco Ball" effect when facing the sun. Cool

Lucky Baldwin Mine

Jacoby Canyon

Video

New toy

Awesome Hawk on Camp Rock Road

Shooting spot

Sunsets

Some Brontosarus steaks left over from dinner with Scott and Lesa on Thursday

Last edited by Mitch; 01-23-11, 12:34 AM.

Nice report Mitch, great photos of the steaks!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

you got a winch for christmas? lucky!
      KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

man you gotta teach me how to cook like that, my food typically looks like this
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Too funny Kevin! Mac and cheese works just fine anytime, especially with the weinie or sausage thing.

Comment

Good on ya for rescuing the stuck Jeep! Nice Xmas gift. How do you like the synthetic?

Mike
            "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

MMMmmmmmm!! Those steaks sure were yummy! Glad you guys had a great day!

Scott & Lesa
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Mike,

The best part of the Synthetic Rope, is the fact it is soft and flexible. It was nice not having to get out of the Jeep and into the water to rewind it. That guy just coiled it up and handed it to me in the Jeep and I drove to dry ground to rewind it properly. Light weight and nice.

Scott, Thanks. It will be steak sandwiches with the last of it tonight. Tammy baked another fresh batch of rolls for it.

Comment

Working...
                X