Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Gold Mountain Revisited

Sunday the 23rd, I'll be heading back to the North side of Gold Mountain to try and remove a tree across the trail. Could be a challenge getting this tree moved, but it should be fun. Anybody would like to join me, I'll be at the Valermo station at 0830. Figured heading up Jacoby Canyon then to Gold Mountain. Kevin.

Kevin,

Tammy and I will be cown the hill tomorrow with family otherwise I'd be there. Jacoby has a little snow on the top half of the trail, but I spoke to a couple that came across Holcomb Valley and they said that there is still 1 1/2 to 2 feet on 3N16. Gold Mountain might be like it was 2 weeks ago. Lots of fun!

Mitch

Comment

okay, no interest, invite withdrawn. Canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
        okay, no interest, invite withdrawn. Canceled.
        Well it was to bad that nobody wanted to join me today, you'd have had a slip sliding good time. Kevin.

Comment

So did you move the tree?
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

No, another group was going over last weekend I think, and they moved the tree that I went up to clear. Since I was by myself I took along my truck chains for all 4 tires. What it took over an hour to go up with 5 vehicle without chains, I did in about 15 minutes. Stopped along the way and trimmed some bushes, and limbs so they wouldn't tear somebody rag top. Even with the chains on it was slick. Came back down, and headed to Holchom valley and back to home.
            The grooves were deep enough, and frozen it felt like you were on a slot car track. Beautiful day in the forest, Kevin.

Comment

Working...
            X