Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anza-Borrego Mud Caves/Diablo Dropoff/Sandstone Canyon

I'm taking The Limo down south and thought I'd see if anyone wanted to come out exploring.

We'll be meeting at the gas station (I forget what the name of the station is) just south of I-8 at the Imperial Hwy Exit (S2) at 9:00 am.

From there we'll head up S2 and take a right at Canyon Sin Nombre just past the Carrizo Badlands Overlook.

We'll be visiting the following places based on how much time we have:
    • Vallecitos Wash
    • Arroyo Tapiado
    • Mud Caves
    • Middle Mesa
    • Diablo Dropoff
    • Fish Creek Wash
    • Sandstone Canyon
    • Wind Caves
    • Split Mountain
    • Elephant Trees

We'll exit at Split Mountain Road and leave the area via Hwy 78.

If anyone wants to hang out before or after the run, we'll be staying in a hotel in Palm Desert on Friday night and be going back to Palm Desert on Saturday night.

If a moderator can set up a calendar event and link it here that would be great!

[COLOR="Red"]EDIT: Here is a link to the calendar event where you can sign up that rat patrol (Kurt) was kind enough to set up for me:[/COLOR]

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2011-1-22

I look forward to seeing you all!

Christian
    Last edited by headhunter; 01-18-11, 12:13 PM.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

I'm not a moderator (they won't let be) ;( but I set up a calender event for you. It's under my name though, but all the info is there. Have fun!
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2011-1-22
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      I'm not a moderator (they won't let be)...
      There's a REASON for that.

Great area, headhunter, I wish that I could join you.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Christian I got your message. Ive been a little busy. I won't be able to make this even as a passenger. That weekend is my anniversary. I'm not sure what I am doing. The wife likes to surprise me, she warned me to to make any plans. Ill give you a call this week.

P.S. Don't burn anyone's vehicle to the ground this time. =)
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks, Kurt! I thought only moderators could set up the calendar events. I guess I could have done that.

Scott, I figured you were busy. We'll catch up later this week.

The weather is going to be perfect in Anza-Borrego this Saturday. It's going to be sunny and 72 degrees!

Christian
          "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Question for anyone who's done this recently...

Does anyone know what condition of the trail is from the Diablo Dropoff to Fish Creek wash?

That short stretch is the only part of the run that I wonder about with the Limo, since it's still a completely stock Scrambler.

Thanks,

Christian

Comment

Rat Patrol and I recently ran it. It is rough but your scrambler shouldn't have much difficulty with it. No majorly new changes.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Rat Patrol and I recently ran it. It is rough but your scrambler shouldn't have much difficulty with it. No majorly new changes.
                Hey Mike,

Sounds good.

I've been through there before, but I wondered if there had been any major changes like a huge boulder blocking the trail that I wouldn't be able to get past with some simple rock stacking.

Thanks!

Christian

Comment

Texaco!

Comment

Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
                    Texaco!
                    That's it! Thanks!

Christian

Comment

I'll check later tonight to see if anyone has signed up for the run. If not, then I'll just skip waiting at the gas station and get started on the run. I'll be easy to find if anyone wants to catch up to me. I'm going to go slow and you'll easily recognize the stock burgundy Scrambler.

Christian

Comment

Working...
                      X