Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Bee Canyon to Lake Fulner

Going to run Bee Canyon and take another side trail that I was told is pretty fun. I have never been on this side trail so I cant give any details. Bee canyon can be drivin in a stock jeep, I have heard that the side trail can not. If you want to go and your jeep is stock you can take the main trail to pine cove. Anyone wanting to go I will be at the Save Alot parking lot on the corner of Yale and Florida in Hemet at 10am. I will be the one in the big green Jeep with white stars on the side.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Good looking Jeep. I won't be able to attend your run but I'm thinking of joining a few others in Cougar Buttes. Have a safe trip!
    USMC F&AM

Comment

thanks and have a safe trip yourself

Comment

Was a fun route

Hey Neil....!
        Pleasure to meet you guys out on the trail, how'd it go on Hemet Jeep Trail?

We made a nice easy drive up Bee Canyon and San Jacinto Ridge Truck Trail, little rutted out in some spots and sloppy/snowy in others. Once we got to Pine Cove we went north on 243 to Poppet Flats Rd and then Old Banning Idyllwild Road.
        The water fall was a cool spot, chatted with a few forest service volunteers on quads.

Anyway, if we decide to do it again we'll post up and see if ya wanna, saw a lot of side trails that need exploring, we also saw what appeared to be a abandon mine...Hmmm.

John & Kris

Water Fall/Crossing

Old Banning Idyllwild Road near the mine.
        John & Kristi

Comment

Good looking pictures John. Glad you guys had a good run How'd yours go Neil?
          USMC F&AM

Comment

I was having problems with the jeep. It died about half way up and i had to sand the points to get it started again. It spit and sputterred all the way up and had no power. I think the carb needs to be rejetted. I just did the tune up yesterday but the points moved so I need to replace them again. Started to think I was going to spend the night out there. One of these days I really need to take a class on engine repair. I can build you an entire jeep but when it comes to the engine I am still learning.

Comment

Thanks john for the pics. I remember following you out of rattle snake canyon and into BB last year. That spot looks nice to just relax and grill some steaks

Comment

2n02

Hey InlandZJ, yeah I remember that run....that was probably the fastest trip through there I have ever done....hahahaha, good times.

Neil, maybe changing that distributor with a Mallory Unilite or Accel and get rid of the points. It did sound a little fat (rich) when we saw you but also maybe a little to far advanced in timing. I would start with getting it spot on with timing, idle speed, vacuum pressure, idle mixture before rejetting. If it doesn’t run on the little end (below 2000 rpm) like when you’re crawling then it's not the jets. (of course depending on what carb it is). My two cents.
                Hope you getting running like you want and we see you back out there.....too cool of a Jeep not to...good luck and happy tuning.....
                John & Kristi

Comment

John,

You passed up on the desert for that place? Streams, waterfalls, beautiful mountains......Where are your priorities?

Looks wonderful! Glad you and Kris had a fun day.

Mitch

Comment

Priorities

Well, like a bonehead I didn't see you called and left a voicemail until Sat morning so we figured nobody was going anywhere (except for the group at the Buttes) so we decided to make a short, one tank of gas run close to home. Thanks for the invite and all things concidered we would have much rather spent the day mine exploring, days spent doing that always end to quickly.
                    But it was a fun drive, very scenic, varied terrian and Kris has never seen that part of our world.....
                    John & Kristi

Comment

I talked to the tech people from holley and they said I am about 2 sizes to big for my elevation. The carb is a truck avanger 470 and it still has the stock jets. As far as the timing goes it is imposible to see the timing pointer without taking out the grill and radiator. When I timed it I had to do it by ear. I put in a call to sumit and the jets are on there way along with gaskets and 3 sizes of jets to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
                        Water Fall/Crossing
                        I like this area and it looks like you guys had a good run. It also looks like there is a lot more water at the crossing than when I was there:

I need to get back out to this area again. Thanks for the pics and post!
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Nips!

Guys, the pics look inviting! Amazing, that's less then two hours away from where I beat the hell outta my rig out in Coog Butt! And I'm with you John - exploring mines ROCKS!! Thanks for posting yet another place I gotta get to! Now, if I could just find a job that required driving around remote areas in a jeep for 10-12 hours a day...

Comment

Forest Service I applied with them but they don't seem to have much of a need for a guy with my skill set... Oh well. John if you go anywhere this weekend give me a call. The misses and I would be down for a short trip, we may just go to the OHV park in Gorman. And gorgeous pictures of out there! I'm jealous.
                            Last edited by TipsE-Z; 01-18-11, 01:38 PM.
                            USMC F&AM

Comment

Jan 22-23

Hey thanks everyone for the comments...

Chris, if we go anywhere this weekend it will be to Big Bear for the info/Q&A meeting, to just have some good ol conversation about what we all love and cherish hopefully learning something to help further the cause......AMEN brother.....

BUT, finding some time this weekend might be tough, I have my master bath in the process of leak repair which consisted of completly ripping it out to bare stud and starting over AND as I walked into my kitchen last night to draw a nice cool glass of water from my "in the door" dispenser I felt my toes getting wet from some unknown source which turned out to be a bad electronic valve.....
                              So, it might be a "honey do" weekend for me but I'll keep you posted...thx...
                              John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                              X