Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: JV Extreme Mine Tour #2

[COLOR="Blue"]We had another great mining tour out in JV today. We had over a dozen well equipped vehicles come out. The weather was of course perfect and the group was second to none. Everyone had a great time checking out some of the best mines in the area.

From Anderson DL we headed straight for a new canyon that takes you through one of the more populus mining areas. This canyon turned out to be an awesome run. It's approx. 1/4 mile long, though it's not an extremely tough canyon it poses a fun challenge for the street / trail vehicle with 35's.

One in the group dubbed it "Hammer Lite". It resembles some of the Hammer canyons, but not the extreme challenge.

After and hour and a half of fun we headed to 2 mines in the Gold Peak area. Then on over to the Quatros Amigos mine and finally to 2 other un-named mines. All of these mines have lengthy tunnels and wooden structure inside.

The second canyon needed a couple of rocks moved before it can be run, Mike (deepwater) led the way up the steep canyon wall to get us up on the shelf road that leads to the 2 un-named mines. This route proved to be a little "scarry" for most, myself included. After climbing up the escartment you had to launch your vehicle onto the shelf road and then some how turn to get going in the right direction with out rolling down the hill.

Everthing went well and with out any breakage except one of the FJ's blowing a tire as we were "trophy truckin" across the desert.

A great day and thanks to all who came out. Some one was asking about a JV #3 tour.

Link to slideshow.[/COLOR]

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

Ron's TJ with 33's

The Gold Peak mines

The Quatro Amigos mine

I think someone found some gold here

The climb to the ledge road.

The 2 un-named mines

That looks pretty great, I need to get my crap together and finish my build already.

Comment

Thanks for leading a great run Mike

and thank you to those that helped me with my front spring issues this morning, that was a kinda of a unusual issue to have.
      The first canyon was lots of fun and hopefully nextime I will have working shocks for the trophy truck portion of the run.

Thomas

Comment

Mike,

Sorry we couldn't make this run. Tammy and I had other commitments for the day. Familar mines, but some interesting routes! Looks like a great exploring day.

Mitch

Comment

mine run

mike ,thanks once again for a great day in the desert .my daughter talked all the way home about the mines .she had a great time and so did i.great group to wheel with ,hope we do it again soon !!!!

Comment

Looks and sounds like a good time, sorry I had to miss it. The trophy truck part sounds fun. If I could just learn not to ricochet off the rocks. LOL
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

extreme mine tour #2

Mike thanks for the mine tour. Had a blast hope you have a mine tour #3 count me in Rick

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks guys, I had a great time also. The Hammer Lite canyon was fun, I'm sure we'll do it again some time...and there still are a lot more mines out there to explore....any preferred dates to explore??

This was taken from the drivers seat. There is a good line through there.[/COLOR]

Comment

when i got there i just went strait lol.i ended up ziggin and zaggin .missed ya yesterday curtis .

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]A couple of pix from the climb out of the miners canyon. It took some of us a few tries to make it up to the road above.[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,
                      You put together another fun and challenging run. We had a great group of people as always, I enjoyed wheeling with you all. The mines were some of the best that I have been in.

Wheres the trail?

Oh, there it is.

Mike
                      "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Working...
                      X