Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Miller Jeep Trail

I've not met any MJR peeps before and heading to miller jeep trail with my buddy (FJ..sorry bout that). Thought I'd post my intention and see whether anyone was interested. Would love to meet some of you guys.

Interested, but I need to get new shocks, and measure the new compressed/extended lengths. Might be able to make 1/22

Comment

I'd heard from a dirt bike buddy that LPNF was already closed down for the winter. You might want to call the ranger prior to heading up there.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

If the trail is open I'm game for this. I've been wanting to get back up there. I'm sure I'll punch a hole in the exhaust (again) since I just fixed it but oh well...
        USMC F&AM

Comment

i'll call the ranger and update tomorrow.

Comment

if trails open i would b interested in this run aswell, ill keep checkin in

Comment

where's lockwood?

Comment

follow the link to see the trail head..near Gorman
                http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=842711

Comment

thank for the tip schmo...the trail is CLOSED.
                  chaps, any other ideas for that weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbollocks View Post
                    thank for the tip schmo...the trail is CLOSED.
                    chaps, any other ideas for that weekend?
                    Bummer . . . sorry guys, but better than heading up there just to find a closed gate. There are a few trails that usually stay open all winter (unless something has changed) 118 & 119 were pretty exciting when we ran them in the snow a couple years ago . . . think slip and slide!!! And there are 3 dead end trails if you stay on the main road instead of making the left onto Lockwood Valley Road. If there are snow on those, you'd better have a winch. We tried those a couple years ago in the snow and I still have a mark on my seat . . . it's not a good feeling when you can't stop sliding down the hill and start sliding off the trail!!! Spent a couple hours winching ourselves back up the hill after that!

Comment

No winch....folks still interested if we go pronghorn or move it farther to rowher flats?

My rookie attempt at a trail run thread is failing .... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbollocks View Post
                        No winch....folks still interested if we go pronghorn or move it farther to rowher flats?

My rookie attempt at a trail run thread is failing .... sorry
                        Rowher is quite a bit closer than Miller or Pronghorn. Not much as far as scenery either place though . . . not much of a challenge either unless there is some snow or mud making things interesting. Have you been out to Red Rock? Not much father than Miller and there are some cool things to check out and trails like Last Chance Canyon and Nightmare Gultch (not sure if NG is open this time of year). Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                          Rowher is quite a bit closer than Miller or Pronghorn. Not much as far as scenery either place though . . . not much of a challenge either unless there is some snow or mud making things interesting. Have you been out to Red Rock? Not much father than Miller and there are some cool things to check out and trails like Last Chance Canyon and Nightmare Gultch (not sure if NG is open this time of year). Just a suggestion.
                          Joe, been smokin the Ganja mon? Red Rock not much further than Miller? From where?
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

ok as a noob i'm looking for a challenging trail close (and open) on the 22nd....advice please

Comment

Mods please retire

Mods...please delete thread.. I failed!

Comment

Working...
                              X