Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Gold Mountain

Got in Sunday morning, and the Putt-Abouts got together for a snow run. Went up to Jacoby Canyon, which was a cake walk, but the Grandkids had fun. Went to the North side of Gold Mountain and started up. I only brought two chains with me, but Max had all four. We were plowing through knee deep snow, and the Jeeps without chains were having a ball trying to get through some of the areas. Max and I made it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up when we came to a falllen tree across the trail. About 130pm, and deecided to turn back as it was now starting to snow.
    I think we were closer to 3/4 of the way, and just before the tree you would have to make a hard right hand turn. This turn is where Max turned around, and I believe that is where he lost a chain. I was going to go back Monday with all my chains, but came down sick, and as we know it dumped a whole lot of snow since then.
    So if anybody is up that way, and youo see a new truck chain laying in the trail, you know who it belongs to. Chance are slim, but hey you never know. Might go back if I get in Sunday to look for it. Leaving for work, Kevin.

Kevin,

It was great to see you yesterday Loved hearing your trip details in person. Glad you all had a good time. My buddy Maxwell on the trail? Also great news.

Comment

Working...
    X