Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: New years run

I have some friends through work that we go out on a run every year at this time. So we did Dixie mine rd,Heartbreak Ridge and Rattlesnake canyon. It was very cold and windy. Broke 1 shock and a track bar bolt.

Then we hit Heart break. But only made it a couple of miles before we turned around.

We stoped at this mine to check it out. There was hundreds of bats inside.

Then back to rattlesnake.

This is the bolt I broke in my track bar

We had a great time.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

great pics, thanks for posting.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks for the report Curtis, I was thinking of doing a New Dixie Mine loop, but maybe when things dry up a bit. We'll do JV for now.[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike that is a fun loop (Dixie Mine rd & Rattlesnake). Trying to do heartbreak in the same day is a little much.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Curtis,

Nice pictures. Frozen Rattlesnake? Wow. I guess after 17 degrees in Hesperia last night and 35degrees for the high today it must have been cold in the mountains.

Comment

Looks like a great time!

Comment

that looks like FUN. I have to get up to the snow here soon. Curtis is that the Currie track bar bolt frame side?

Comment

Curtis,
                Thanks for the pics and report. It was way colder where you were. Anza was only in the 30's. We missed you out there but hey, Jeep speedin down RS is a blast, I would have been right behind ya!

Happy New Year.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Bill, yes that's the bolt. Sounded just like an axle breaking.

Comment

Working...
                  X