• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: King of the Hammers

Here's aheads up on KOH 2011.

Helen Baker
    Cal 4 Wheel

Spectator entrance fees at KOH - the facts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of speculation going on, but Jeff and I have worked through the details of spectator fees for the 2011 King of the Hammers.

$10 per person for the week. Donation. Not mandatory. If you believe that it's not worth the money, or its your public land, that is your right.

What does that $10 get you? A weeks worth of entertainment, parties, informational workshops, vendor show, port a potties, food vendors....

Where does the $10 go? We have cemented a deal with Cal 4Wheel (California Association of 4WD Clubs) to man our information/welcome booth. CA4WDC will recieve 10% of the gross gate. It will be deposited in an existing trust fund that by their bylaws must be spent on SoCal Desert Land Use Issues. Huge thanks to Harry and Helen Baker and Steve Gardiner for making it happen. Also kudos to Jeff, because even though I'm typing this, he was the architect of this fantastic partnership.

What do I get for my $10. You get a wristband that allows you access to Hammertown after dark and the designated spectator areas.

If you do not pay an admission fee you will still be able to attend the vendor show during the day, but when the show stops and the bonfire starts, it is paying fans only. This includes the staging line before the race and Victory Circle after the race.

Where does the money go? Again 10% goes to CA4WDC and SoCal land use. The rest goes to cover our costs to have you there. Lights, Port-A-Potties, Firewood, Electricity, Security, Medical, Sheriffs, BLM Rangers....

There will be a welcome center on the way into the lake bed. You'll be able to buy a map and program as well.

Volunteers are free if you're on the verified list. Pre-Registered media is free as well.

Just wanted to get the facts out. See you on the lake bed.

Dave

Sounds like a good investment. $10.00 is more than reasonable and goes to the good cause.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

More than happy to pay even tho I have volunteered.
      Rich

Comment

Thanks Roger. A lot of thought and planning has gone into making KOH the very best it can be.

We're looking forward to manning the "Welcome Center".

I have a little experience with an information booth as I'v run the San Bernardino Route 66 Rendezvous' Info booth for the last 5 years, and it's estimated that event draws 500,000 spectators. And, I can guarantee that each and every one stops by my booth every year!

Anyone wishing to volunteer for KOH welcome duties should let me know asap. I'm looking for 4-8 hour shifts anytime between Monday - Friday.

Thanks and see you on the lakebed in February.

Helen Baker
        Cal 4 Wheel
        helenwheels422@aol.com

Comment

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
          Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Sounds like a good investment. $10.00 is more than reasonable and goes to the good cause.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

agreed! Hope they earn a ton of money for this event!!
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

already making the motor-home rental reservations..

cant wait..
              [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
              PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Hmm good deal, heading up there with my dad for 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Agreed,.... Ill be there again.
                  "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

What day is the race?

Maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I can't find the actual race date for the KOTH. Is it on Friday Feb 11th?
                    My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
                      Maybe I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I can't find the actual race date for the KOTH. Is it on Friday Feb 11th?
                      Yep. That be the date.
                      Rich

Comment

10 bucks is a great deal!

again ill be working so i dont know if ill make the race. anyone camping sat/sun after the race? i know the place clears out fast but im sure there is at least a few of the local buggies hanging out.
                        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Just wanted to get the facts out. See you on the lake bed.

Dave
                          .................................................. ...
                          No link to more info...?
                          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Is there going to be an organized MJR presence at KOH this year? Willa small group be getting together and camping during the week?

I've volunteered to help do something but haven't heard back yet. My preliminary plans have me going up on Thursday and staying through the weekend.

I hoping I can find a floor of some car hauler to crash out on. I may end up in Yucca Valley at Aunt Rosalie's if nothing else presents itself. Those of you with RV's are truly blessed!
                            Dino Darling - KX6D

562-665-6286 (Text is BEST!)
                            2005 LJ Rubicon

Comment

We will be going up on Tuesday afternoon Feb 8th and staying until Sat or Sunday.

RallyeX

Comment

Working...
                              X