Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: John Bull Open Open

I just put a budget boost on and want to give John Bull's western side a go with open diffs before I upgrade them in a couple weeks.

Anyone is welcome to come; it's the misses and I's anniversary so we intend to keep the run on track and only run John Bull (assuming I can make it past Gatekeeper, which is really all I care for).

My main goal is to use this as a good baseline for my driving abilities and my Jeep's abilities as we start into some serious building time on it.

Hope to see you up there!
    USMC F&AM

I'd be willing to join you, but this weekend is going to be spent working unfortunately. If I can get free at all it will be in the afternoons. I hope tht you have a great time for your anniversary. I'm sure that we will meet on the trails soon.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks and no worries. You're doing the NYE run right?
      USMC F&AM

Comment

She wants to go wheeling for your anniversary?
        Dont worry about not having your build done, looks like you have your other bases covered!

I wont be able to make it, as my Jeep is down, and have other events for tommorow. Good luck! and take a come along, in case you end up wheeling alone
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Ya I've got one just in case. If we wheel alone we'll probably just do Gatekeeper then play it safe all day. What's up with your Jeep?
          USMC F&AM

Comment

Still going?

Comment

Two of the three flipcerts have worked loose, and causing steering play. That combined with no swaybar = No freeways for me. Hoping to have it fixed by X-mas.
              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Sucks. Let me know if you need any help on it Sean.

Trailwing; I'm still going should be at the trail head about 10:30 or 11... Slept in this morning so barely leaving OC
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Had a great run today. The misses started out driving as we set out from Jacoby Cyn up to 3N16. Once we got up there she had a bit of fun covering the Jeep in mud from head to toe on our way to John Bull.

We ran into a few other Jeeps at the start of the trail that allowed us to run with them for a bit until one of them ripped the transfer case off of the transmission I think it was.

We helped them all get turned around as they headed back out the way we came and we continued on solo towards Gatekeeper. We made it with little issues until we hit Gatekeeper... (Go Figure) The misses drove through this obstacle with me standing by with the Hi Lift. Looks like a little more lift is inline.

Here's some of the group we ran into.

Kalah heading up Jacoby Cyn

She enjoyed some new found confidence in the Jeep

This was a video with my new phone; seems the frame rate is off, anyone know anything about Droid Pro video??
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j6TeTzwo1s

I forget where this was in the trail, towards the end I think.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppGD4wE2gLQ

All in all a good day, realized I still need some more lift, and a TRUE lift; not shackles.
                  Last edited by TipsE-Z; 12-12-10, 09:01 AM.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

TipsE-Z, looks like you guys had a good time. Nice!
                    Now if I could get my wife behind the jeep wheel would be awesome.

Comment

TipsEZ thats really cool it sounds like you had a great time! I've heard John Bull is a rough one so I bet more lift is in order. Sounds like you have it made with the misses. Wish my wife would WANT to drive. She wont even ride during some of the off road stuff she gets too scared. Thanks for posting.
                      I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

No worries. More lift is indeed in order as the gas tank skid and bumperettes both received some new, uh, trail mods. Stoked we made it through without breaking anything. Hope to see everyone out on the trail sometime.
                        USMC F&AM

Comment

I wish i could have gone out but i too am having steering issue. Seems to have a dead spot and i dont like it one bit. Ill have to look into my tie rods and ball joints. I think i need to replace my steering box too.

Comment

Boo! Well hopefully you can get it up and going before NYE; looks like it's going to be a big event
                            USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by boostamante View Post
                              I wish i could have gone out but i too am having steering issue. Seems to have a dead spot and i dont like it one bit. Ill have to look into my tie rods and ball joints. I think i need to replace my steering box too.
                              Are your steering box bolts loose again?

Comment

Working...
                              X