Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that site, I think I'll use it in the morning to check it out...

Sorry to anyone that wants to go but I cannot go now. Mother Nature's constant rain has made it so that I won't be able to go visit some folks tonight and have had to reschedule to tomorrow morning. Oh well. Hope to see everyone in AB next week.
    Last edited by TipsE-Z; 12-22-10, 05:01 PM. Reason: Mother Nature's Rath
    USMC F&AM

Comment

If it's clear in the morning I will head up HWY 38 and check things out and let you guys know what it looks like.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks. I'm working with the misses to push back seeing her sister until later in the day so perhaps we can go.... What time are you going up Curtis? IF I can win this battle we could follow you up perhaps.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

I can leave at anytime if you want to go.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Hey TipsE-Z, you might want to consider how you want to travel to get to the Big Bear Area. Hwy 330 has a 'hard' closure due to a mudslide that occurred on 12/21. Also, Hwy 18 is closed from Snow Valley to Big Bear due to rock slides.

If these closures are still in affect on the 24th, the only paved ways up to Jacoby will be Hwy 38 from Redlands and Hwy 18 from Lucerne Valley. Unless you want to go up the north side of the mountains, Hwy 38 could be a true nightmare on the holiday.

Just my :2:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

No worries. I appreciate the thought. IF I'm actually able to go up (we all know how family pulls and tugs us in various directions this time of year) I'd be going up from Lucerne Valley to the trail head. This route seems to be the quickest, time wise, from OC and like you said... MUCH less traffic.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]We just drove through BB this evening - went up the 18 from Lucerne to BB then on into Running Springs - the Arctic Circle slide is gone and the 18 is open to Snow Valley. No chain restrictions.

As far as snow - there is about 6-8 inches and temps are in the 30's. Jacoby looked pretty doable - the snow just started at the north entrance. As far as the road being washed out ...let us know.

The 99 cent tacos at El Pollo Loco hit the spot..[/COLOR]

Comment

I threw in the towel on this run due to various family members schedules. I'm currently sitting up on a hill tip on Cleghorn over looking the 15 with my sister, the misses, our two dogs, and a small fire. Nice to be free of our societal chains. I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Is the 15 a sea of lights? Hope ur camping; that's a looonnggg drive home at this hour!

Comment

I'm currently sitting up on a hill tip on Cleghorn over looking the 15 with my sister, the misses, our two dogs, and a small fire.
                      I bet it be muddy up there still.
                      I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

If jacoby canyon got as much rain as the hwy 38 side, it might be a fun challenge. Thinking of going up tpmorrow to checking it out.

Comment

I'm gonna say that Jacoby would be a blast. Cleghorn was pretty good yesterday with some of the off shoot beings rather difficult with the foot and a half deep ruts in them. We had a great time and ended up finding snow in Wrightwood. I'd post pictures but being as it was dark and my camera sucks I suppose memories will have to do.

Curtis if you do Jacoby let us know how it is. I may be able to slide out this week NYE.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                          X