Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: John Bull in the snow

Finally got a chance to run John Bull yesterday and was greeted by snow fall just as we started through the gatekeeper!

This run was put together by Bond and his crew from Rebel Offroad. My thanks go out to them as well as our trail guide Randy who ran without top or doors! He got everyone through the trail and his travel guide narrative was appreciated.

The day started out wet and rainy, but still the turnout was awesome. There were roughly 40 Jeeps out there running 5 or 6 different trails. The trail, especially the gatekeeper, was very slippery, but all made it through. That included the TJ that was running 31s and open who winched himself through a few points.

The trail ride ended with most of the Jeepers from all the runs meeting up at Nottinghams in Big Bear for some socializing. All in all it was a great day to be out in the forest and I didn't talk to anyone that did not have a wonderful time.

It was just I and my son in my Jeep, so of course I forgot to take pictures. Here are the few that I have.

More were taken byLamar95x4 and posted at http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/a...20%20Nov%2010/

Here is the gatekeeper in the rain

The trail in the snow

My son enjoying the snowfall

A portion of the group near the end of the trail

Our host, Bond, who caught up to us after he lead a group through Gold Mountain

Looks like a blast~! Your son looks like he had a good time.... Thanx for sharing

Comment

Looks like fun was had by all, nothing like playing in the snow even though it gets pretty messy.

Comment

Looks like fun. I have yet to run that trail.

Comment

Inland- you now have sliders so you are ready for it. Always a fun trail and different each time.

Comment

Timeing is every thing I'm learning in this offroad lifestyle. I'll earn my strips soon enough. The last time we attempted dishpan/Deepcreek half of us could not continue and I was ready to give it a shot but most of the group wanted to call it a day.

Comment

John Bull is always a blast but when you add snow it makes it even more fun. You guys had to have a good time. The next thing you have to do is a night run in the snow. Jesse, JJ and I did a night run a few years back and in the middle of the night it starts snowing. That was one of the coolest trail runs I've done in Big Bear. Glad you guys are having fun on the trails up there. Can't beat them for a short drive from home.Thanks for the pics.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Is that Randy's old Jeep in the background in the first pic? I was supposed to join him and some others for the run, but my wife was too worried about the weather. Glad you had a good time.

Comment

Looked like an AWESOME time..... Man, I didn't even hear about this run.... What the heck?!
                  1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

It was hosted by Rebel Offroad and promulgated on the JKOwners forum, sorry.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X