Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday Snow Run - Miller Canyon (Backside of Lake Silverwood)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Tuesday Snow Run - Miller Canyon (Backside of Lake Silverwood)

Would like to do a snow run through Miller Canyon on Tuesday. According to the weather alerts, there should be plenty of snow at 4500 elevation so I'm assuming Miller Canyon will have a good amount of snow till then.

If anyone is down, please chime in. We'll meet at the McD's off of Hwy 138 Exit from the 15 or we can meet at Trail head if you're coming from Lake Arrowhead/Hesperia side. We'll probably run a few trails, maybe Willow Creek or Pilot rock, we'll play it by ear once we go up Miller Canyon and see the conditions.

For lunch, I will be lighting the grill in the middle of the snow so bring something you can throw on the grill, don't matter what it is. I'll be having RibEye myself with mushrooms and asparigus.

Here's the trailhead to Miller Canyon (Click Here)
    GPS Coordinates to Miller Canyon 34.270472,-117.290254

See ya.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

[COLOR="Blue"]Today at 5200 ft all we have had is rain all day. Maybe snow tonight or sunday.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
      [COLOR="Blue"]Today at 5200 ft all we have had is rain all day. Maybe snow tonight or sunday.[/COLOR]
      Snow should be falling at 4500 feet late Sunday according to our weather experts

Comment

The run is good for me but its hard to decide on what to bring for lunch. The RibEye sounds awesome. Hummm. I might just do that also and shrooms.

Comment

Bah! If I had my 8.8 and I wasn't working on Tuesday/Wed I would jump in!

Comment

Now the snow level for SBD has been changed to 6000 elevation. I love our weather experts

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
              Now the snow level for SBD has been changed to 6000 elevation. I love our weather experts
              Bash we have 3" @ 5200 feet this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                Bash we have 3" @ 5200 feet this morning.
                Excellent! thanks for the heads up. This means we must climb higher and we must krawl in the shade...yes?....YES

Comment

I PM'ed Fred (IslandZJ) to see if we're still on tomorrow but he has to work so it seems It'll be me, Grill, Jeepo and Wifey with Chihuahua.
                  Last edited by MrBash; 11-22-10, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Sorry Bash, I thought about calling in but......I thought it through and I was getting ahead of my self. Dude next time I'll have time off banked.

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
                      Sorry Bash, I thought about calling in but......I thought it through and I was getting ahead of my self. Dude next time I'll have time off banked.
                      Hey no problem buddy. This works out better. I can run errands (which I knew it's what i should be doing on my day off, instead of playing with the Jeep lol). Next time.

Comment

The HELL with running errands (did I spell that correctly) tomorrow!!! My buddy went up to Wrightwood today and sent me the pics of all the snow. I'm there dude. I'll be running Miller Canyon as Scheduled. Rib eye on the grill, hookah in the snow

Run NOT cancelled. If anyone is off, join in.

Yalla Bye!

Comment

Working...
                        X