Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Sunday 11/21

SoCalDevyn & I want to go out to Fraizer area to play on sunday, since throught the whole weekend is raining=SNOW!
    Anyone else wanna go?
    Still up for suggestions on what trails we should do, BC109? Rockgarden in DryCanyon, Gorman area. Let us know!

well u jumped right on posting this haha, but yes anyone is welcome, maybe do some frazier trails then down to gorman on the way out. i have a H3 on 35's and a K5 on 37's coming along with me so far. days pretty much jus for fun, plan as we go, we could meet at the usual flying j in frazier. hopefully we'll get some snow

Comment

Are you guys going to give Miller a shot? If it's not closed, it should be fun! I might be interested in coming out . . . have a buddy that's been asking me to take him out so I'll keep an eye on this thread and post up if I can make it.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        Are you guys going to give Miller a shot? If it's not closed, it should be fun! I might be interested in coming out . . . have a buddy that's been asking me to take him out so I'll keep an eye on this thread and post up if I can make it.
        Miller in the snow? That just gives me the chills. I know my Stock XJ won't do it.
        Rock garden is fun in the snow in Dry Canyon?

Comment

maybe, i start having weekends off this sunday!!!!!! text me sunday before you guys head out

Comment

Originally posted by JayyC View Post
            Miller in the snow? That just gives me the chills. I know my Stock XJ won't do it.
            Rock garden is fun in the snow in Dry Canyon?
            Stock XJ??? What happened to the monster LJ??? I doubt there would be all that much snow, but even wet a few spots would be exciting to say the least!!! I don't know where Dry Canyon is. Depending on what you are up for and how much snow/mud is out there, there are also a couple of other trails over by the ranger station to play on. 118 & 119 although really mild when dry can be a fun slip and slide adventure when mud and snow are added. Almost ended up on my side last time I did 118 in the snow . . . was a good time!

Heading out to the desert tomorrow for some dirtbike riding . . . not sure I'll be up for a run on Sunday, but might join you guys depending so post up the details on where you plan to meet and go.
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I'm debating still... I had a blast up at the OHV park up there last weekend, and bent up a few things on the steering.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                Stock XJ??? What happened to the monster LJ??? I doubt there would be all that much snow, but even wet a few spots would be exciting to say the least!!! I don't know where Dry Canyon is. Depending on what you are up for and how much snow/mud is out there, there are also a couple of other trails over by the ranger station to play on. 118 & 119 although really mild when dry can be a fun slip and slide adventure when mud and snow are added. Almost ended up on my side last time I did 118 in the snow . . . was a good time!

Heading out to the desert tomorrow for some dirtbike riding . . . not sure I'll be up for a run on Sunday, but might join you guys depending so post up the details on where you plan to meet and go.
                LJ is up for sale...
                Ive had the Xj for a while bought a kit for it Yea that trail is awesome!! We will see how much is on the ground threw out tonight and saturday

but will defiantly let you know!

Comment

I'm out, unless my 2wd Xterra could make it! Haha. I'm headed to SB tomorrow morning to go wine tasting and hit State St in the rain.

Have fun and be safe up there everyone!
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

From the Frazier Park Weather Monitoring Station

Weather Alert in Affect from Sat. Morning to Sun. Evening. Snow accumulations two to four feet are possibel above 6,000 feet. one to two feet above 4,000 feet. Winds 25 - 30 mph with gusts up to 65 mph this evening. Heavy snow may cause travel delays or road closures. Blowing or drifting snow with local whiteout conditions are possible above 6,000 feet.

Becareful, the wind is going to be blowing hard up there.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                      From the Frazier Park Weather Monitoring Station

Weather Alert in Affect from Sat. Morning to Sun. Evening. Snow accumulations two to four feet are possibel above 6,000 feet. one to two feet above 4,000 feet. Winds 25 - 30 mph with gusts up to 65 mph this evening. Heavy snow may cause travel delays or road closures. Blowing or drifting snow with local whiteout conditions are possible above 6,000 feet.

Becareful, the wind is going to be blowing hard up there.
                      Thanks for the heads up!!! We will take it real slow and be cautious

Comment

its going to b a good tiime!

would like to add that Jay and i r meeing at the Frazier Flying J at 9am so if anyone would like to join we'll be there
                        Last edited by SoCalDevyn; 11-20-10, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Was a great Turnout
                          Was 7 Jeeps total, but I set mine aside for the Rockgarden.
                          Rock garden was fun! As usuall
                          No tires were taking this time, Thank God!!!
                          Snow made the place phenominal. Until like noon everything started melting. Haha
                          Was a bit chilly but NO wind what so-ever, so that was a big plus
                          Hope to see more of you guys on the next run!

Jay

Comment

any pics? how much snow was up there?
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X