Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 3rd Annual Veteran's Day Run

We had pretty good day, a little chilly and breezy in the morning but it turned out beautiful.

Thanks to:
    avjeepfreek - Scott
    Jeep Dude - John
    Deep Water - Mike

For joining me on the run.

We all ended up meetig at the Valero in Lucerne Valley for gas & food:

We headed out to the BLM Kiosk to wait for Rat Patrol & GP4Ply. We waited quit a while for them and then headed out.

The first stop was the sand dunes. We watched Deep Water & Jeep Dude try to tackle the dunes:

Next we headed over to the trail that leads to Claw hammer. We didn't take the trail though, maybe mext time

We continued around the mountain and headed up the wide wash that heads southeast. We checked out a couple of side trails until they ran out. From there we we went from the top of the valley south down a fun trail with a couple of fun places:

Scott:

Mike:

John:

We left the kiosk about 10:00 hrs and got back there by 15:00 hours. This gave Scott plenty of time to get home and enjoy his birthday with Lesa. They had something special planned, but being gentlemen, we didn't ask what it was.

My thanks to all the Vet's and active duty Servicemen who have sacraficed so much for my freedom. You guys Rock!
    This run was in your honor.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    My thanks to all the Vet's and active duty Servicemen who have sacraficed so much for my freedom. You guys Rock!
    This run was in your honor.
    LOL, well it looks like your Veteran's day was a little better than mine. I have never once gotten this day off, and I'm a Vet!

Where are those dunes? I've never been there.
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Glad you had a Great Day on the trail. Looks like fun times.

NWOODS- This is the second Veterans day I have had off so I understand where you are coming from. Hopefully you can get it off next year.

Comment

Next time you are heading out and the passenger seat is empty, I would love to tag along.
        SexyGrnEyedBrunette

Comment

Roger,

I had a great time! Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend the day than with good friends and Jeepin! Thank you for hosting this annual event!

And thanks to all of the Men & Women that serve this great country! Past, Present & Future!

Scott
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Thanks for waiting guys but I had to work and both of my jeeps are down right now. I don't how the mix up happened but I'm sorry you all had to wait so long,I really would have liked to make this run.
            Thanks to everyone who are and haved served this Great Country,SEMPER FI
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]NEXT YEAR, I almost promise!![/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR=sienna]NEXT YEAR, I almost promise!![/COLOR]

Yeah, sorry fellas. Some of us veterans have to work for a livin... Thanks for waiting though. You guys rock!
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Nice Day
                  Nice Trail
                  Nice Dunes
                  Nice People

Can't think of a better way to spend Veterans day.

Mike
                  "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Working...
                  X