Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Big Bear in the SNOW

Well I got schooled on weather today... It was raining cats and dogs on the way up. 35 degree's.... lost the bet whether or not it would snow by 3 degree's. once we hit gold mt it turned into blue skies. The past few wks of here and there rain must of caused some serious erosion because both gold mt and john bull were the hardest i've EVER seen them. After about 3 1/2 hrs of working vehicles off both trails we decided to call it a day. we got past the gate keeper and about another 800 yds before we just decided to call it good. rubicon skid plates dont do well to "skidding" they should be called stuck plates. just kidding Scott..

I'll post up what few pics i have in the morning. I'm off to bed. to much rock building and hi lift handles hitting me in the face today..

Fun times regardless.

Last edited by brokenujoint; 10-31-10, 10:19 AM.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

/Users/scottgronewold/Desktop/DSC02557.JPG/Users/scottgronewold/Desktop/MOV02582.MPG/Users/scottgronewold/Desktop/MOV02581.MPG/Users/scottgronewold/Desktop/DSC02577.JPG/Users/scottgronewold/Desktop/DSC02576.JPG/Users/scottgronewold/Desktop/MOV02580.MPG

here are some pics of me being stuck

Comment

Looks fun! Looks like it ended up being a pretty nice day up there too.
      -Justin

Comment

It was nice weather up there. turned out to be about 40 degree's with blue skies. it was SO close to snowing then it just lifted.....
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
          It was nice weather up there. turned out to be about 40 degree's with blue skies. it was SO close to snowing then it just lifted.....
          Should have come to the FawnSkin side. Snowed form 7 till 10 on and off.

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Looks like you had a full day out there Kevin.
            I was hopeing there was snow up there also..darn.

Comment

Working...
            X