X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Trolling

Big Bear Trolling 10/23 (3N34)

a few pics from today

Thanks, Scott it was nice meeting you. I'm glad we were able to hook up run some of 3N34. Johnbull, Gold Mountain some time soon hopefully and with some sliders of course.

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
      Thanks, Scott it was nice meeting you. I'm glad we were able to hook up run some of 3N34. Johnbull, Gold Mountain some time soon hopefully and with some sliders of course.
      any more pics????

@InlandZJ.. which one is yours Fred???
      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

ok guys. heads up. lets try it again. this time on something easier for you guys. how about john bull this saturday? same set up same time, different location. no steep climbs, just rocks.
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

i'm out sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
            any more pics????

@InlandZJ.. which one is yours Fred???
            The faded silver one josh. The one thats ready to rock and roll in the front. HaHa! JK : ) I'm down for almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
              ok guys. heads up. lets try it again. this time on something easier for you guys. how about john bull this saturday? same set up same time, different location. no steep climbs, just rocks.
              That's cold Kevin... Easier run. The other guys except scott and me are not on this site. I'll let them know. I think it was a wake up run for some of us. Dude, I was bummed that I didn't get to run the whole way through to the water fall and on. My heart was broken pretty sad lol! There always next time.

Comment

well trust me, it would of gotten worse. not sure if you guys could of made it up dishpan w/o at least one locker. the ground on the step ups was pretty slippery. If you want, we can hit gold mt to john bull. thats always a good trail.youll get stuff like this:

Last edited by brokenujoint; 10-25-10, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Ahh, I love Dishpan. I have yet to run John Bull though.

A week ago my friend and I ran Dishpan from west to east. At the waterfall his 4" lifted TJ with a rear locker had trouble going up the line to the far right. He couldn't get the right line and kept trying at it until about 5 minutes later he got it. When I did it my LJ (same size lift and tires, no locker just limited slip rear) walked right up it with no issue. The longer wheel base definitely helped on that one. Dishpan is a really fun trail.
                  -Justin

Comment

Nice pics kevin.

Thats john bull? I did'nt see on saturday if you had sliders. That looks like fun. I want sliders and a locker and that should help. I would not want to bang up the rockers and then put on sliders. Thanks for the pics. It lets me know on what to expect. The fog got heavy later that day and nice to have met you kevin and good call on rethinking that one. i think i would have scored some damage forsure. I know why you said take some before and after pics : )

Comment

the good thing about John bull is that you can choose what lines to take. most of the bull has bypass's from the harder stuff. that one pic is probably the hardest thing on the bull. you'll be fine.

Comment

That obstacle is the hardest part on JB. It is a pretty easy spot to get winched from if you don't make it though. I have always had better luck with the line to the right on that spot. I have seen much more capable rigs than mine get stuck on the left. If you get sideways you can hang your bumper on that rock that is behind the spare tire in the first picture. Then you can't back up so you had better be able to go forward.
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

that said rock ( i just discovered the other day) is what bent the snot out of my tire carrier latch.... still works but i'm a lil pissy about it.. lol... xj,, to the right of that picture is an easier bypass. i just like to run that line. and btw i ran that line solo that day.:yay:

Comment

unless you wanna go to TDS saturday instead..what you can expect there:

Comment

Working...
                            X