Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Big Bear Trail Trolling This Saturday.

I want to get up to big bear this Saturday (23rd) and run some trails. Curious if the trails are muddy. Any one interested in getting a small group together and having a day of fun up there?
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
    I want to get up to big bear this Saturday (23rd) and run some trails. Curious if the trails are muddy. Any one interested in getting a small group together and having a day of fun up there?
    My self and a couple other jeep are heading up in the am saturday. We were also thinking it to be interesting up in BB. Were abouts are you running? We thought abput 3N34 West to deepcreek and on through to hollycomb 3N16 I believe. Some of the jeeps I think are still stock.

Comment

3N34? Isn't that dishpan? Well I guess they should be able to do it in a Stock Jeep if they take the easier lines but still a challenge. I might be on Dishpan Sunday. Weekend forecast is 54 High with 43 lows and 20% precipitation. Have fun and stay safe and as always go prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
        3N34? Isn't that dishpan? Well I guess they should be able to do it in a Stock Jeep if they take the easier lines but still a challenge. I might be on Dishpan Sunday. Weekend forecast is 54 High with 43 lows and 20% precipitation. Have fun and stay safe and as always go prepared.
        Well according to the trail map it says easy all the way through. At some point before Deepcreek there is a 3N34D split and I remember that had a Black diamond..I think because I was alone with the wife and dog cruising through and saw the sign and backed up and went 3N34 to the T bridge. Yes, warm cloths and recovery plus food.

Comment

havent been to dishpan in ALONG time. I'm a bit of a john bull wh0r{... i could do dishpan.. i'm in irvine. where you guys located and what time to be there and I completely forgot how to even get there from the 18. or are you guys running it from crabflats?

Comment

I'm also in Irvine and interested in the run. Awaiting further details / instructions

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
              havent been to dishpan in ALONG time. I'm a bit of a john bull wh0r{... i could do dishpan.. i'm in irvine. where you guys located and what time to be there and I completely forgot how to even get there from the 18. or are you guys running it from crabflats?
              Well we are meeting in riverside and heading to the Arrowhead 138 exit at 7:30 to 8am. Hopefully we can arrive at the Mcdonalds next to the chevron station by 8:30 and then proceed to the 173 and 3N34 from there on . Is there a better way around the 173 to the trail head?

Comment

are you talking the chevron and mcdonalds on hwy 138 at interstate 15 - at 830am for a meeting spot and then heading up the hill? an alternate route is taking the 210 east to the 18 up the hill to the 173 and meeting at the mcdonalds in the lake arrowhead village shopping center here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.008036&z=17
                Last edited by doubleoh7; 10-22-10, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I could do that..... chevron off of cleghorn.(138) at 8am.... im not bringing any tools with me as they are all at work so hopefully i wont have any issues.
                  pm me for cell number exchangement

Kevin

Comment

we will be at the mcdonalds at the 138 / 15 at 800am. what channel?

Comment

i dont have a cb. We have the 2way radio's. I pmed my cell to Kevin. See you in the am. Maybe we'll try your route will see how it goes. The first part of the trail is along the side of the mountain. Not much but a tight road for a couple miles. I think this easy trail could change to moderate.

Comment

Working...
                      X