Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Dusy/ Swap lake

Now I see why this is one of Mike's favorite trails. Excellent is one of the words to be used to describe this trail's views and jeeping experience. We had a chance to join in with 4 other jeeps and had this awesome adventure at Swap lake then ran the Dusy/Ershim trails. If you ever get the chance to run it....GO!
    Russ's pics show the tremendous views.... pics just never quite do the scenery justice.

BobO
    My jeep

An exciting moment

Carnage included leaky radiator, sidewall tear, 3 broken U joints, some miscellaneous stuff. Features included hot showers created by a heat transfer fitting and shureflow pump, welding on board, chainsaws and electric tools. And lots of guns. No critters around us for about 10 miles.
    Last edited by Mtbikbob; 09-30-10, 10:12 PM. Reason: sp
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Dude! You ran these trails without inviting me? If I had feelings, they would be hurt.

Regardless, I am sure that you have more than just two pics to share. Come on, cough them up buddy. You gotta know that we all want to see the fun that you had.

Swamp Lake is really cool isn't it? Dusy is just off the hook. Come on, Share!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Ahh Mike. We were invited by a friend. We didn't organize it, otherwise it would have been ....

Russ's pics do a wonderful job on how wonderfully scenic it is... its just an amazing spot to be.

The group....Joy is taking the picture'

Yup, Thompson Hill, Chicken rock and loads of others.... just amazing countryside and wheeln.
      Last edited by Mtbikbob; 10-01-10, 07:14 AM.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

That's another area on my to-do list, Bob...if I ever get my done.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

A white Mans fire

[IMG][/IMG]

Thompson Hill
          [IMG][/IMG]

Fun stuff...
          [IMG][/IMG]

One of many neat water crossings....

The many views along the way that make you wish you could stay forever....

[IMG][/IMG]

Top of Chicken Rock...posing

[IMG][/IMG]

Rotating pumpkin so it aligns with driveshaft. Axel wrap seems to be a problem for leaf spring set ups.

[IMG][/IMG]

Campsite....
          [IMG][/IMG]

shower time.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Dinnertime....
          [IMG][/IMG]

Lots of fun stuff for about 4 days.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And a little too much excitement....

[IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by Mtbikbob; 10-01-10, 08:08 PM.
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

yeah the next picture in sequence wasn't so pretty.
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
              That's another area on my to-do list, Bob...if I ever get my done.
              I highly recommend going after school starts, after summer. Less folks on the trail and no mosquitoes, though there is lots of dust. But I would rather dust than mosquitoes.
              And of course never go alone. Dusy is about 30 miles long and help is a very long way off....so is gas.
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Nice Pics Bob. It looks like you guys managed some 'extra' fun along the way!
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X